• can I have a multiresolution flat panorama inside a regular 360 panorama ? so I can zoom into a part of the panorama ?

Hi,

currently not,
    but also a good solution for the moment is to:
    - save the current viewing position in the pano
    - load the flat panorama image, maybe make a border around it,
    - and/or maybe also use the new <area> tag to show the flat pano in a smaller area
    - make a kind of back button to switch back to the previous pano with the previous saved viewing position,

I have seen that already in some user examples, and it works and looks very good

best regards,
    Klaus

• what I want is to lock the multiresolution pano to a face and then zoom into it ,It would open up a lot of things to do.
    can I have that please please please ?
    can you point me to examples for the alternative way to do that ?
    thanks
    mick

• sorry that is not the right way to describe it.
    I mean as a distorted hotspot stays in register with a face of the panorama is it possible to have a multiresolution flat panorama registered in the same way.

An alternative approach might be to make a panorama where only a section was in great detail and make a multiresolution 360 panorama but to restrict the zoom level only to that area ?

• Hi,

sorry that is not the right way to describe it.
    I mean as a distorted hotspot stays in register with a face of the panorama is it possible to have a multiresolution flat panorama registered in the same way.

sorry, but tiled/multiresolution hotspots are not possible yet...

An alternative approach might be to make a panorama where only a section was in great detail and make a multiresolution 360 panorama but to restrict the zoom level only to that area ?

that would be possible, but maybe a bit tricky...

What are the size limitations for Hotspot images ?

it should be 2880x2880 pixels for distorted hotspots,

May it be possible to use a level sensitive hotspot eg at level 7 with the size of eg 3000x1500 pixels or more ?

yes, have a look here:
    Level based authoring

best regards,
    Klaus

yes, have a look here:

Level based authoring

If I've understood that correctly. if the viewing person zooms in anywhere on the panorama then at a particular zoom level we can show another panorama, could be a flat multiresolution image, and presumable on zoom out on that one, back to the original. I think that would look as I want if the view direction could be linked to the zoom level. Any hints for how to do that.

cheers

Mick

• I am just trying to have a hotspot in a cube panorama that loadpano the xml for a cylindrical (multi resolution)panorama. It kind of works but the multires one keeps going back to the zoomed out state. some of the properties of the first panorama must be being applied to the second ( both work fine if loaded individually) There probably is a simple instruction to clear the properties of the first when loading the second but I can't find it yet.
    regards

mick

• I am just trying to have a hotspot in a cube panorama that loadpano the xml for a cylindrical (multi resolution)panorama. It kind of works but the multires one keeps going back to the zoomed out state. some of the properties of the first panorama must be being applied to the second ( both work fine if loaded individually) There probably is a simple instruction to clear the properties of the first when loading the second but I can't find it yet.
    regards

mick

Hi Mick!

If you manage to do something, please show it us! :) It is always nice to see what people can do with this fine piece of software. And also helps others to see what are the opportunities.

• it was very simple, I'm just not very good.

Code
    <events onviewchange="checkfovchange();" />
    <action name="checkfovchange">
    if(view.fov LT 30, loadpano(wick.xml, null,MERGE,BLEND(1)); );
    </action>

so when I zoomed in on wick panorama when it got to 30 it reloaded it (doh)
    so I put

Code
    <events onviewchange="null();" />

for now in wick.xml

• Hi,
    I'll try some more. Do you remember any links for these examples ?

regards

Mick

• I'll try some more. Do you remember any links for these examples ?

Hi,

e.g. the spacerywirtualne.pl team have done such similar very great here:

http://spacerywirtualne.pl/realizacje/spa…k/flashversion/

- click on the right hotspot at the beginning (MUZEUM Sala Konferencyina)
    - click on one of the camera buttons
    - click on the (+) zoom button

best regards,
    Klaus

• hi,
    yes I saw that previously from a link on the NG list ( nice work) but I didn't spot the camera icon part. That way works OK but I've always thought it would be very nice to smoothly zoom into an area of huge detail without the tedium of making photographs of everything.
    cheers

MIck

• what I want is to lock the multiresolution pano to a face and then zoom into it ,It would open up a lot of things to do.
    can I have that please please please ?
    can you point me to examples for the alternative way to do that ?
    thanks
    mick

Hi Mick!

Look at the last node of this pano: http://www.360impressions.de/k21.html (non-official yet).
    Here i used a plane picture for the first and the last image. The last image is highres - about 16000px wide.
    Made with Auto Pano Tour and finetuned using the KRPano tools.

best, Klaus

herzlichen Gruß, Klaus

--
    “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.”
    ― Coco Chanel

• Cool. Thats a nice solution to the gigapixel in pano issue.

Thank you Pjotr/Pavel ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!