• Hello,

First post here. Im very excited about learning the KRPano program. I have a few quick questions while I look over the downloads prior to purchase. Im searching the forum for these answers but not having much luck

Im unsure as to which apps I need. The "krpano Flash Panorama Viewer" is not just the viewer, its the program I need to create and export them correct? And do I need the tools as well or is it just a program to extend the features?

One the most importiant question -- I do mostly indoor virtual 3D environments. The render camera acts like a real camera so can I render out images to create a panoramic image? (assuming they have to be fish eye renders) so I want to make sure I can create panoramics from my 3d scenes.

thanks very much!

• My own personal opinion:

The Krpano viewer is a standalone player that does not require the tools to be used. HOWEVER, use the demo tools for a week and you will wonder how you ever got along without them. I have seen several people on this board buy just the viewer and tools to save a few bucks, then later on they want to change to the unlimited domain version. My view, buy the unlimited domain version and get the tools included in the package.

One of the great things about this software is you can demo it until you are ready to make a decision. Try creating your panos without the tools if you like. If it works for you, great. However, do try the tools also.

Demo limitations:

krpano Flash Panorama Viewer
    • it runs only locally or on a localhost server
    • it shows a demo watermark

krpano Tools
    • watermark in the output-images
    • a short waiting time after processing

Many answers can be found by using the links on this page.
    https://krpano.com/docu/

• Thanks very much!

I did notice that the unlimited wasn’t much more money and thought right away that was a better option. You’ve confirmed my thinking about the tools as well --- I want to make these 360's interactive and you can’t do this without (correct?)

Most importantly, will I be able to render out 3d images and turn them into panoramic? I can’t see why not -- after all they are still images. But it’s the lens that makes the whole thing work no?

Thank you.

• Can you post a sample image or collection of images for us to better understand what you mean? As for being interactive, you have to hand code that into the XML. The tools are mostly for image manipulation.

• Most importantly, will I be able to render out 3d images and turn them into panoramic? I can’t see why not -- after all they are still images. But it’s the lens that makes the whole thing work no?

Hi,

are you able to create 6 cameras in your renderer, each with a field of view of 90x90 degree?
    then just let them point to each direction - front,left,right,back,up,down - at render them,
    then you have everything for a panoramic view

convert the images to jpeg and use krpano with a xml like this:

Code
    <krpano>
      <image type="CUBE">
        <left  url="left.jpg"  />
        <front url="front.jpg" />
        <right url="right.jpg" />
        <back  url="back.jpg"  />
        <up    url="up.jpg"    />
        <down  url="down.jpg"  />
      </image>
    </krpano>

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!