Feature as into Panowalker (easypano)

• Hello Klaus,
    i think it could be interested to add a new feature into krpano viewer "realistic walkthrough effect virtual tours",
    really "walk" in the virtual tours and stop at any point to look around 360 degree.
    thanks for krpano :)
    Ilya Fedotov
    Russia

• ok now that is pretty cool. seems only practical if you are using a really wide and full frame camera otherwise that would take a crap load of photos. i also understand why but do not like the 2000x1000 max recommended size on the pano file. this is something worth looking into though.

• The feature you`ve requested is not related to panorams.
    This is completely new and complicated task - 3d scene reconstruction on the base set of images.

So at first, you`ll have to construct the scene, and only then - "play" it. To "play" it you may use one of 3d-flash engines. The real problem is to construct the scene.

Edited once, last by wiskey (December 28, 2009 at 12:51 PM).

• For my graduation project, I did a bit of research concerning this. This is like the previous poster said, only doable by reconstructing the scene. Krpano creates a sphere/cube in which the panorama is projected. Then 3d effect is created by basicly zooming in and out on the cube/sphere and turning around. However, you never leave the center, you only effect the focal point/lense. To really create a walk feature you need more 3d objects being placed in the scene.

This can be done with papervision + flash cs4 (this means you need flash player v10+). This alsoo has nothing to do with panorama photo's. You create simple 3d objects (lowpoly models) in a 3d editing program (or flash itself), export it to VRML (a kind of xml for 3d). You then map the textures on the different objects, create bounding area's etc.

Although the user side looks the same (you can pan/tilt/zoom) etc. It's a completely different field of expertise. You go into the field of 3d modelling, actionscript and texture mapping. I think krpano can atmost create a plugin/extension for flash that embeds the viewer into a 3d scene (Creating a skydome). You then link the pan/tilt/zoom keys to krpano and add 3d objects. so you'll have a basic 3d scene

Example:
    http://animasinteractive.com/propaganda/lab/ParadoxKitchen/

use e s f x d keys to walk around. Some area's are clickable.

• Hello Klaus,
    i think it could be interested to add a new feature into krpano viewer "realistic walkthrough effect virtual tours",
    really "walk" in the virtual tours and stop at any point to look around 360 degree.
    thanks for krpano :)
    Ilya Fedotov
    Russia

I think that it would be quite useless because the effect is really just a effect which could never even look real. Imagine a table at the center of a room like Zephyr's 3d model had. It is impossible to move to other side of the table with a single panorama.

• actually i read how they did that i may be wrong but i thinkg they are just a series of 360 iamges taken 4 feet apart, he advises to save each 360 under 1mb in siz for fast loading. i think somehow it just advacnes you to the next 360 image but the quality is so low it is actually loading the entire 360.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!