cant embed plugin..

• Hye Klaus.. i cant directly embed all the plugin into 1 swf or exe... but the rest of the file are alreday embed..

i do manually select the file to embed.. in kprotect it seem all can be embed..

the whole file size is about 26Mb... with 7 pano + 3 swf plugin + 1 jpeg .....

Edited once, last by bulp (October 25, 2009 at 9:23 AM).

• I am having the same problem. I am trying to create an exe file with scrolling thumbnails and simple viewer

I get this error

download of "as3Thumbsforkrpano.swf?TheXML=gallery.xml" failed

and

download of "simpleviewer.swf?xmlDataPathl=photos.xml" failed

In kprotect under the embed/encrypt I manually added the .swf and xml files. When running the exe file on the krpotect folder it works but when I put the exe file on a different folder the errors above appears.

• klaus,

Some observation

When running the .exe file inside the folder where kprotect.exe is the "scrolling thumbnail" and "simple viewer" plugins work. When I rename the xml files in that folder, gallery.xml to gallery2.xml and photos.xml to photos2.xml and run the .exe file again I see the errors again

download of "as3Thumbsforkrpano.swf?TheXML=gallery.xml" failed

It means that gallery.xml and photos.xml were not pacakaged in the .exe file. I also tried renaming the 2 plugins, and I get the errors. For some reason kprotect is not including these files even If I had manually added them.

Help!!! I need to give an offline wedding 360 presentation in a few days.

thanks,
    Milo

• hello milotimbol...

the swf plugin that im trying to embed is without xml .... not like milo...

maybe should have the upgraded version of kprotect?....

anyway thank you Klaus for the GREAT WORKS!!!!! *thumbsup*

• download of "as3Thumbsforkrpano.swf?TheXML=gallery.xml" failed

Hi,

embedding such plugins is not possible,
    because the parameter passing via HTTP GET (the '?parameter=value&...) is not possible for files that where loaded from memory (like the embedded files),

and further - the plugins are loading the files with the standard flash IO routines,
    so they can't load the embedded files,

in beta 9 I will provide an interface for plugins to make them able to load embedded files,
    but then the plugins must be re-coded and use this interface (but this will not be possible for the simpleviewer),

best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus...

"in beta 9 I will provide an interface for plugins to make them able to load embedded files,
    but then the plugins must be re-coded and use this interface (but this will not be possible for the simpleviewer),"

hurm.. cant wait to get this interface... :) ...

Milo.. good luck...

• hurm.. cant wait to get this interface... :) ...

Hi,

okay, you want it now

here a short how-to:

download the 1.0.8 beta 9 pre-release from here:
    1.0.8 beta 9 - fovtype setting

download and use this this krpano_as3_interface.as:
    krpano_as3_interface.zip

there are these new functions in the as3 interface:

loadfile(url:String,donefunction:Function,errorfunction:Function=null,cacheit:Boolean=true)
    - loads the given file and returns a ByteArray with the bytes of the file

loadobject(url:String,donefunction:Function,errorfunction:Function=null,cacheit:Boolean=true)
    - loads the given file and returns a Loader object (only for swf,jpg,png,gif files)

both functions can also load embedded files,
    if a file can't be loaded, it automatically shows an error message,
    by passing an own errorfunction the error can also be handled manually,

the 'donefunction' will be called when the file was downloaded (and decoded),
    is passes an Object with the following attributes: "url", "data" and "loader",
    it will look like this:

Code
    function donefunction(ld:Object):void
    {
      var url:String = ld.url;        // the file url
      var bytes:ByteArray = ld.data;  // the data bytes (loadfile())
      var loader:Loader = ld.loader;  // the Loader object (only loadobject())
    }

example usage:

more details and examples later on release

best regards,
    Klaus

• well i have a relative problem i am trying to create a standalone file ,even though i put the plugin and the gallery files apart when working offline the thumbs are not visible however when i put the tour online it is working fine it is only with the krpano standalone that it will not work
    any help i need to deliver an offline version soon!!! *unsure*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!