• More beginner questions...we all have to start somewhere *smile*

Why is there not a comboBox major thread in the plugins section of the forum, and an example combobox in the examples included with the beta?

What I'm trying to figure out is the best approach to making a set of intro/info/help/floorplan/etc. screens that include hotspots and actions.

Is this simply a matter of setting up hotspots with images and controlling the Zorder or is a ComboBox the way to go or ....?

hope this is at least a good question, I've been looking through the documentation and forum and included examples all morning and i'm still not sure which approach to take. I tried messing around a bit with the online combobox example but don't see anyway to force text or hotspots over the image that loads the pano.

OK, now that I asked and posted these questions, I kept looking and found this:

http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…d&threadID=1155

Guess this is at least answers one of my questions! If I'm off base please let me know!

Regards,

Robert

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von image360 (14. Oktober 2009 um 19:39)

• Hi image360,

Zitat

Why is there not a comboBox major thread in the plugins section of the forum, and an example combobox in the examples included with the beta?

I think this is because this plugin is quite simple to use. There is a combobox example inside the Krpano 1.0.7 (the "stable" version). Remember that Krpano 1.0.8 is still a beta ... And, in this post , Klaus says something about to rewrite the combobox plugin. Perhaps this is why it not comes inside Krpano 1.0.8 beta.

Zitat

What I'm trying to figure out is the best approach to making a set of intro/info/help/floorplan/etc. screens that include hotspots and actions.

I think there is no one way to do things properly. Instead, there are several ways to do the same thing. In my opinion this is one of the strength of KrPano (plugins , hotspots, actions, javascript, as3...). I think a good way to get an idea of how do this is to analyze the examples included by Klaus with KrPano and watch shared examples by users on this forum.

Salut.

• Ah, yes Michel, thank you once again!

Klaus and many, many others( me included) both inside and outside of the KRPano community are luckly to have you be so generous with your knowledge and time! Thank you for your help here and all those wonderful and insightful fisheye lens reviews, etc. too.

I quite agree that the flexibility of KRPano is a great strength, but it is not easy to find all of this growing flexibility or even be aware of it since the web site and documentation have become so far out of date and what is there is scattered all over the forum, it's a bit like trying to read a great novel by chasing the loose pages around a field in a storm. Possible, but requires a lot more time and effort than it could if the pages were neatly bound and ordered in a book. *g*

Advanced the product or document it *sleeping* , always an easy prioritization for every great coder I've known. Klaus should have you update the documentation, and site - just an idea. *smile*

Anyway, thanks again for your help, and now "just one more question - for today - maybe - don't hold me to that1

Do you know where Loadscene is documented? I've looked at the documentation and release notes part of the forum and can not find anything on it's syntax or options. I did find the example noted above, and that just makes me wonder why I would use loadpano ever again? From the example above it seems like loadscene does much the same function, but with more.

OK, i found the info on loadscene (scene) - seems like as soon as I submit the question and start looking again I find it, it's in the release notes for beta 8 v7. here: krpano 1.0.8 beta 7

And from what I've just read, I guess it can replace loadpano for all but simple tours? At least it seems like it would make a lot more sense and be easier to use if you have a lot of elements in your project.

Still learning, always trying.

Best regards,

Robert

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von image360 (14. Oktober 2009 um 23:45)

• Hi image360,

Zitat

.... documentation have become so far out of date and what is there is scattered all over the forum, it's a bit like trying to read a great novel by chasing the loose pages around a field in a storm. Possible, but requires a lot more time and effort than it could if the pages were neatly bound and ordered in a book. *g*

*g* I quite agree with you *thumbup* ... The lack of documentation involving the new features included in version 1.0.8 greatly complicates the ability to do a fair idea of the possibilities.

If it is true that the wait is long, I am confident that the "stable" version 1.0.8 (or 1.0.9) will come with documentation and examples of quality.

Meanwhile, we have the opportunity to be involved in the evolution of the program, something that the vast majority of us appreciate, like you I'm sure. *thumbsup*

Salut.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!