Seeing the whole Picture?

• Hi gang

I asked here.

Mt Keilir - Iceland - 0.4GP

about if it was possible to see the whole photograph, just like with Zoomify, I am using Zoomify tiles with KrPano and it works good, well almost anyways, I would like to see the whole photograph on the screen.

Take this photo for example.

http://www.olihar.com/pano/017/017fs.html

I am using this here

</script>

I tried to add something like

Code
    so.addVariable("hfov", "3.535");
    so.addVariable("vfov", "9.449");
    so.addVariable("vlookatmin", "-0.4724");
    so.addVariable("vlookatmax", "+0.4724");
    so.addVariable("hlookatmin", "-2");
    so.addVariable("hlookatmax", "+2");
    so.addVariable("fov", "10");

To this photograph
    http://www.olihar.com/pano/019/019fs.html

Without any luck.

The reason I am using the in-file method is because I like to use the same xml file for all the photographs, it must be some tiny mistake I am making.

Hope to solve this soon. Thanks.

• Hi,

the "full path" to the view variables must be used (e.g. - "view." is missing)
    e.g. use this:

Code
    so.addVariable("image.hfov", "3.535");
    so.addVariable("image.vfov", "9.449");
    so.addVariable("view.limitview", "range");
    so.addVariable("view.vlookatmin", "-0.4724");
    so.addVariable("view.vlookatmax", "+0.4724");
    so.addVariable("view.hlookatmin", "-2");
    so.addVariable("view.hlookatmax", "+2");
    so.addVariable("view.fov", "10");

or try out the 1.0.8 beta 9 from here:
    krpano 1.0.8 beta 8

and just set:

Code
    so.addVariable("image.hfov", "3.535");
    so.addVariable("image.vfov", "9.449");
    so.addVariable("view.limitview", "fullrange");

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks great, I updated to the pre. Beta 9 and it works like a charm.

I tried and tried to get it to work and never got anything working. I then found out that Shiretoko(Intel Firefox) did not clear the cache, worked like a charm in Safari with some tweaks.

I do have another question regarding this. would it be possible when the full screen button is pressed that the image would zoom out for full view, as it is now some of the images zoom in a little bit when full screen is entered it does zoom out a little bit.

Have a look here for example.

http://www.olihar.com/gallery/Panora…/Keilir.txt.php

• I do have another question regarding this. would it be possible when the full screen button is pressed that the image would zoom out for full view, as it is now some of the images zoom in a little bit when full screen is entered it does zoom out a little bit.

Hi,

that could be done by setting "view.fov" to a too high value (e.g. in this case 90) in the onfullscreen event,
    the fov will be automatically limit then to the real possible value,

e.g. in your buttons-include.xml:

Code
    <events onenterfullscreen="set(view.fov,90); set(plugin[openfs].visible,false); set(plugin[closefs].visible,true);" onexitfullscreen="set(plugin[openfs].visible,true);  set(plugin[closefs].visible,false);"/>

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

that could be done by setting "view.fov" to a too high value (e.g. in this case 90) in the onfullscreen event,
    the fov will be automatically limit then to the real possible value,

e.g. in your buttons-include.xml:

Code
    <events onenterfullscreen="set(view.fov,90); set(plugin[openfs].visible,false); set(plugin[closefs].visible,true);" onexitfullscreen="set(plugin[openfs].visible,true);  set(plugin[closefs].visible,false);"/>

best regards,
    Klaus

I gave this a try but no go, there still seems to be possible to zoom out when you hit the full screen button. I just find it strange it displays the photo fine when its small but when full screen is pressed its like it zooms in a little.

• Here we go... I thought I did clear the cache.. I guess I didn't

While I got you looking into this, are there any reasons why Cmd and shift buttons do not work in Full screen on Shiretoko(FireFox for Intel) but works fine in Safari. On the Mac.

As well Do you think anyone would be interested in the buttons I created, should I post them on the forum or any other place? I did wonder about how to make them smaller in the small window and then this size when FullScreen. Did not figure out how to.

Thanks again.

• Hi,

While I got you looking into this, are there any reasons why Cmd and shift buttons do not work in Full screen on Shiretoko(FireFox for Intel) but works fine in Safari. On the Mac.

this is mac safari special thing...

the keys in fullscreen mode are normally limited (by the Flashplayer for security reasons) to:
    Tab, Spacebar and the (up, down, left, right) arrow keys.
    see:
    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashpl…s_03.html#head5

I did wonder about how to make them smaller in the small window and then this size when FullScreen. Did not figure out how to.

it's possible to use percent values for width and/or height,
    e.g.

Code
    width="5%" height="prop"

to make the sizes relative to the full window size,

or by using the "onresize" event and calculate/set the sizes manually,
    e.g.

Code
    <events onresize="setbuttonsizes()" />

<action name="setbuttonsizes">
      mul(newwidth, stagewidth, 0.05);
      if(newwidth LT 10, set(newwidth,10));
      if(newwidth GT 30, set(newwidth,30));
      set(plugin[...].width, get(newwidth));
    </action>

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!