Progress settings, control settings - what are they?

• For the loadpano action there are some Flags listed, they transfer current states from the existing pano to the loading one.

There is mention of transferring control settings and progress settings. I can't find any other reference to these terms. Again perhaps its' just too basic, but what are the control settings and progress settings? Are variable states or values progress settings or control settings or neither?

Regards,

Robert

• Thanks Michel, yet again, very helpful!

I'm now trying to make my auto tour a bit more bullet proof. Right now it seems to work fine if you stop it, look around and then wait for now 8 seconds and it will restart, drippy music and all. It's a bit coarse grained in that it simply goes back to the start of the room you're in when you stopped it, but that could be fixed with a lot more conditionals and/or variables for tracking FOV, etc.

But, it's still way too easy to break the auto tour. If you leave the room you're in when you break the flow, the whole auto function, sound too, is lost.

The way it's been coded so far, is only the opening 360 xml contains the actions to drive the auto tour and every new pano is loaded with "KeepBase". Is this the issue or am I in for a much more involved fix?

Regards,

Robert

• Hi Robert,

It seems that, for some reason I do not know for now, the events.onidle, autotour() is breaking when onclick on hotspots....
    Perhaps you can add this code at the end of the onclick action on each hotspot:
    onclick="......; set(step,X); set(idletime,4); set(events.onidle, autotour() );"

Hope this can help.

Salut.

• Michel,

Yes, you are correct, Onclick seems to "clear" the actions, at least in this case. Adding "; set(step,X); action(tourcontinue);" at the end of each Onclick to a hotspot made the auto tour resume possible even if the viewer wanders off to a room out of sequence.

From my understanding I think I could trim the XML quite a bit by removing just about all duplicate XML from the ones associated with the secondary rooms, etc. That is, as long as KEEPBASE, or KEEPALL is used and nothing else conflicts with those, ti's safe to reomove the buttons plugin, cusor, dispaly, textstyle, soundinterface, and ... from all but the first set of XML. The later sets will pretty much only contain the custom hotspots for than pano and the image type/tile settings.

And speaking of XML - a bit off topic but what XML editors do people use. I'm finding the XML support in Dreamweaver 8 is a bit lacking in that it' does not color code the bracketed conditionals so it can be a nightmare to find missing or extra brackets.

Regards,

Robert

• I like Notepad++ There was talk of someone developing a plugin that would assist with coding in krpano but I don't think anyone with the want to, knowledge and TIME ever got involved. It is hard to find someone with all three.

• Hi,

Zitat

From my understanding I think I could trim the XML quite a bit by removing just about all duplicate XML from the ones associated with the secondary rooms, etc. That is, as long as KEEPBASE, or KEEPALL is used and nothing else conflicts with those, ti's safe to reomove the buttons plugin, cusor, dispaly, textstyle, soundinterface, and ... from all but the first set of XML. The later sets will pretty much only contain the custom hotspots for than pano and the image type/tile settings.

better would be to use - keep="true" - for these plugins/hotspots that should be stay/kept when loading a other pano,
    e.g.

Code
    <plugin ... keep="true" />

and then use MERGE instead of KEEPALL/KEEPBASE as flag in the loadpano() call,
    when MERGE was used all current settings will be also be kept until they will be set again by a redefintion in the new xml,

Zitat

And speaking of XML - a bit off topic but what XML editors do people use. I'm finding the XML support in Dreamweaver 8 is a bit lacking in that it' does not color code the bracketed conditionals so it can be a nightmare to find missing or extra brackets.

I personally use UltraEdit,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Michel, you made my day :)
    I've been wrecking my brain for hours to find out why that darn tour always stopped when jumping to a specific pano via hotspot.
    Then I found this thread and adding the step number to the buttonclicks solved that issue :)
    Only thing I still need to know if theres a way to keep the hotspots active while the autotour is running. As it is now, I will first have to make a click to interrupt the tour to get access to the hotspots ... *confused*

• Hi jschrader,

Zitat

I still need to know if theres a way to keep the hotspots active while the autotour is running

I do not think so *sad* ... Look at this reference:

the lookto/moveto/zoomto actions instead are 'blocking' actions,
    they are changing the view, and while changing all other things are blocked (user input, actions execution)

SAlut.

• I suspected something like that :(
    I'll see if I can live with that. But for an elaborated and userfriendly tour I'd wish there was a workaround.
    (Klaus, come on, we know you can do that *thumbup* *thumbup* )
    Probably autorotate would be an intermediate solution then and just advance to the next image after a time x.

Thanks for your efforts.
    Jürgen

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!