showtext or Textfield plugin?

• Hi,

I thought I had my current project pretty much sorted but I now 'somehow' have to load up some text when i click on one of the markers on a floor plan. The PLUGIN marker is shown below and simply loads the 360 shot of that location. I tried using the showtext feature as you can see below but the layout out is hard work and I need to have commas in the text. This of course crashes the code unless I use the single quotes ' text goes here, and here' but the formatting is then lost and the small paragraph of text appears on just one line and pushed way left of the 'showtext' window. The rest just goes off the viewer and disappears. If I could somehow make it use commas and stay in the middle of the screen I would be laughing.

The infostyle is in the global.xml

Code
    <textstyle name="infostyle" origin="top" edge="top" yoffset="20" textalign="left" background="true" backgroundcolor="0x7aa0bf" border="false" font="Arial" fontsize="15" textcolor="0xFFFFFF" bold="true" effect="glow(0xFFFFFF,0.7,4,2);dropshadow(2,10,0x000000,3,1);" showtime="12" fadetime="3.0" />

Been looking at the Textfield plugin with it's html options but have to find a way of incorporating the demo code below into my 'Marker_1' plugin code above. I also really want the text to appear just for 10 seconds and then fade away so the viewer can look around the loaded 360 shot. If i have to, incluse a 'Close window' button but the fade seems better as there are 25 X 360 degree shots in the viewer.

Any advice and pointers is greatly appreciated. The markers are PLUGINS positioned on a floor plan.

Many thanks,

Andrew

• Hi ,

About your showtext code...

Zitat

...but the formatting is then lost and the small paragraph of text appears on just one line ...

I have tried your code, adding the single quotes and some comma in the text, and the "formatting" seems to not be lost ( I mean the [br] are done as expected and the text is displayed in 3 lines )... Perhaps your problem comes when the line ' text goes here, and here ' is too long... then, yes, the text can be displayed outside of the screen border ... Add some [br] to break the line into smaller one lines.

Hope this can help.

Salut.

• You are of course correct Michel and I am simply babbling *wacko*

I think I just needed a second set of eyes on the code as I tend to make silly mistakes when I'm working on my own for long hours. It was 'as you mentioned' because the words were too long on one line so it messed everything up.

Probably wise I take a break from the computer and start again later doing it properly.

Many thanks again for your help.

Andrew
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=User&userID=43

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!