Cannot load a pano with the Encrypt Tool

• Hi krpano enthusiasts,

I'm using the "Encrypt Tool" inside my (registered) krpano Tools 1.19-pr5. Specifically, I added a folder, unchecked the "Backup original files" option and then clicked on "Encrypt Files". Yes, files are encrypted now! Then, I load the pano in my local web browser but I don't see anything and the javascript console of my browser says "Uncaught ReferenceError: embedpano is not defined".
    Without encryption, everything worked just fine.

So what I am doing wrong this time? Maybe I should use my license file somewhere?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von AJ_ (20. Oktober 2016 um 16:43)

• Ok, encrypting xml only everything works, thank you. But if I cannot encrypt the tiles, then what's the purpose of encrypting? I mean, I want to protect the tiles... I want to avoid the situation that somebody downloads the tiles and reuse them.

(I'm not sure but probably google maps encrypts tiles as well?)

• Hi,

there is no image encrypting in html5 yet because that's heavy on resource need - memory-storage and cpu-processing.

Initially it wasn't added because the first html5 mobile devices were much too slow and had much too few memory to be able to use that in a sense full way, but today the devices are already much faster and have more memory that support for image encryption is thinkable. I'm already considering adding that for future versions (and when I have some time ;-)). But there will be always a disadvantage in loading performance, but how much can be first answered when implemented and tested across devices and browsers.

Btw - google maps (nor any other maps provider) doesn't encrypt tiles (probably for the same reasons).

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!