VR-Video lagging when videoposter is displayed

• Hello everybody,

I have noticed that my WebVR-Application is lagging while the video poster is displayed. The moment I start the actual video the lagging stops and everything runs smooth.
    Both the Video and Image have the resolution 3500x1500 and even if I use a smaller resolution there is still some lag when I move my head to look around before the Video starts.
    I am still not sure whats wrong, lowering the resolution and changing the mobilevr_sensor_mode to any number doesnt fix the stuttering, thats why I am trying to find help here.

EDIT: I noticed that if I exitVR Mode and then again enterVR Mode the lagg is gone and everything runs as it should without stuttering.

To enter VR I use a Overlay Image

Code
    <plugin name="info_image" align="center" edge="center" width="100%" height="100%" zorder="3" onclick="first_setup();" url="./info.jpg"/>

onclick then calls this action:

Code
    <action name="first_setup">plugin[video].play();plugin[video].stop();plugin[WebVR].enterVR();
    set(plugin[info_image].visible, false);set(hotspot[play_button].visible, true);set(plugin[WebVR].vr_cursor_enabled, true);set(plugin[WebVR].vr_cursor, "hotspot[vr_cursor]");</action>

on exitVR following action is executed:

Code
    plugin[video].stop();set(plugin[info_image].visible, true);set(hotspot[play_button].visible, true);set(plugin[WebVR].vr_cursor_enabled, true);set(plugin[WebVR].vr_cursor, "hotspot[vr_cursor]");

Even with this information I still have to figure out what the cause of the stuttering is... *confused*

Cheers,
    foobar

Edited once, last by foobar (September 6, 2016 at 7:51 PM).

• Hi klaus,

sorry I forgot to metion it, I am indeed talking about MobileVR v1.19pr6.

The Device used for testing is a Samsung Galaxy S7 with the GearVR headset.

Unfortunately I cant provide an example Link just now, however I can provide the XML used...Link

Cheers,
    foobar

Edited once, last by foobar (September 7, 2016 at 6:03 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!