Target option for loadpano

• I am aware that in 2010 Klaus said “loading scenes from other xml files was just not intended…” and was hoping in a previous post to HTML Embedding called 'Load a panorama in another window' that since then someone had found a workaround. Obviously not, since there have been zero replies. Usually in the wonderful krpano land I have always found a way to do what is necessary. Since this is apparently not currently possible I request that we can Load a panorama in another window. To put it more simply loadpano needs a target option.
    To get round this problem I am having to reload the whole page, a bit clumsy. In 1995 I could do this in Quicktime VR. For an example of this problem see:
    http://www.z360.com/what/

• Hi,

how exactly do you mean that - 'Load a panorama in another window'?

If you want such a new viewer on the webpage you could anytime embed another viewer...
    That's more about webdesign than about the viewer itself...

About 'loading scenes from other xml files' (which is related to that topic) - since 1.19 there is also new 'loadpanoscene' action - it first loads a xml file and then a scene from there:
    https://krpano.com/docu/actions/#loadpanoscene

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus

Thanks for prompt reply. When I was researching for this project loadpanoscene was not documented and after some initial testing using scenes I decided this was not appropriate for the particular nature of this remade project. Since then my worries have diminished although of course I have had to forego the use of blending scenes by reloading the whole page - which contains 2 panoramas, one acting as the ‘index’ of the other. Presumably due to the caching properties of modern browsers and the speed of the internet the reload is not too unpleasant, and I have been able to retime my index / clock, presumably not possible with loadpanoscene. With my mention of target I was referring to the options in openurl - The target where the url should be opened. I am using the target option in embedpano to display the 2 panoramas, and it works well.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!