Problem with Chrome on OS X 10.8.5...

• Hi,

I've upgraded my 2010 Mac with OS X 10.8.5 (I was 10.6.8 before). I'm waiting since 2 years for changing my Mac but the new Mac is not still there and I don't want to buy an 3 years old Mac.

All was working fine with 10.6.8 but now I get a black screen with "xml failed to load". I don't understand that message as panoramas work on Safari, Firefox and Opera. I know that Chrome is no more updated on old OS X but this is not an xml problem, so why ?
    Is there a work around to display panos on Chrome ?

Thanks

Philippe

• Hi,

you're asking about local usage, right? (with file:// urls)

The problem is Chrome never allowed loading local xml files in HTML5...

Depending on the krpano version and the default settinge in the embedding script, krpano would automatically fallback to Flash in this case, but that's also only possible when the Flashpalyer is available.

It would be possible to start Chrome manually with the --allow-file-access-from-files parameter to allow local access, but the better and recommended solution would be using a localhost server - e.g. the already included krpano Testing Server.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!