webvr_gyro_keeplookingdirection / skin_lookat()

• dear klaus,

in 1.19pr6 you introduced
    skin_settings.webvr_gyro_keeplookingdirection and skin_lookat()...

could you explain a bit what this is about?
    (specially the webvr part)

and btw...
    you're calling skin_lookat() once with 1 arg, then once with 3 args, but it just uses the first

in my setup (a lot of dynamic stuff) xml.view.hlookat is always null...
    should it be view.hlookat for me?

best, index

• Hi,

when this setting is disabled (the default) and loading a new scene in vr or when using the gyro, then the startup looking direction on the next scene will be the one that is defined in the scene in the <view> element.

This is better for 'non-together-aligned' scenes when viewing VR mode or when the gyro is enabled. In normal viewing mode there is no difference.

you're calling skin_lookat() once with 1 arg, then once with 3 args, but it just uses the first

Ups, this is a bug that happened when replacing the original lookat call with skin_lookat (skin_lookat handles the vr and gyro support).

In the 'skin_lookat' action the correct lookat call should be 'lookat(%1, %2, %3);'.

in my setup (a lot of dynamic stuff) xml.view.hlookat is always null...

The xml.view object is a backup of the initial/last-loaded <view> element when loading a xml or scene:
    https://krpano.com/docu/actions/#xml.view

So depending on your xml structure it would contain the initial looking direction of the pano/scene.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!