Back to a first file 5 minutes after idle time passes.

• since I got asked on kolor's forum to post this thread on Krpano forum, the following is the issue facing me.

I have been producing a virtual tour which starts with a normal mp4 file and the rest of which consist of a series of 8 panoramic images and one panoramic video, using panotour pro.

I have been asked by my client whether it is possible to automatically return to a first file ( in this case, a normal mp4 file) 5 minutes after idle time passes in viewing each panorama ( which mostly consists of panoramic images) or not, in case nobody clicks/taps a display/touch panel.

what I mean by idle time for 5 minutes is a state in which no actions ( clicking/touching) are taken by users for 5 minutes.

I am afraid that this sort of feature is not included in the panotour pro, so should I hand code xml?

if so, which parts of xml should I rewrite?

I will only have 6 days left before the deadline. So, I would really appreciate it if you could help me with this.

PS: if you need original files of this tour for the purpose of instructions, please let me know.

thank you in advance *smile* .

• Hi,

such (loading the first scene after 5 minutes idle) could be basically done in krpano this way:

Code
    <krpano idletime="calc:5 * 60" />
    <events onidle="loadscene(0, null, MERGE, BLEND(1));

but integrating that in the Panotour xml files is an other story - the xml files from Panotour are not that clearly structured or very friendly for rewriting... maybe try putting that code anywhere in the first xml file...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• hi Klaus,

thank you very much for the quick reply.

I will give your code try.

yes, you are right. output files produced by a third-party company usually end up with poorly structured codes, which normally take quite some time to rewrite.

anyway, I highly appreciate your cooperation^-^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!