ios safari video opens in native player and not krpano player, even after applying iphoneworkarounds as true in 9.0

• ios safari video opens in new window even after applying iphoneworkarounds as true in 9.0

What I noticed is webkit-playsinline is getting applied on div as well.

<div id="krpanoSWFObject-773" tabindex="-1" style="display: none; width: 100%; height: 100%; transform: scale3d(1, 1, 1);" muted="true" defaultmuted="true" webkit-playsinline="webkit-playsinline">..</div>

Help me fix this.

• it opens native ios player and not krpano viewer.

okay. not sure of what is the reason for not working. But video opens in full screen on 9.2.1 and other ios versions as well with .19-pr5

• Hi here is interesting observation...

inside iOS app (webview) -
    we do preload=true, else volume is not getting mapped. Then only it plays properly with volume.

Now coming to iOS Web (safari)
    with preload=true, 360Video plays in native html5 player. Not working
    without preload=true attribute in videoplayer plugin, 360 video plays correctly, but no volume :-|. Also onvideocomplete is not fired.

Klaus could you help, incase I missed anything.

• Hi,

do you mean the krpano plugin preload setting:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#plugin.preload

or the html5 video preload setting:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/videoplayer/#html5preload
    ?

When using the plugin preload setting, then the connection pano<->plugin might be not possible (because the plugin would be loaded before the pano).

About volume - on iOS it's normally not possible on control the volume by code, only the user itself can adjust it. Therefore there is no special volume control implemented for the iPhone audio workaround mode.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I am talking about the first. plugin.preload setting to true.

Only if I keep it to true, then volume comes in ios App.
    Incase of web, video doesn't play in krpano viewer, but plays into full screen native player. When marked preload=false, then video plays right, but no volume.

I do understand about controlling the volume in iOS , but in this case even increasing the manual volume, I can't hear anything.

*confused*

• Yes. I am doing `|` and then passing the audio file.

The difference in my approach is the reason??
    1. I first call embedpano with null xml - embedpano(xml:null..)
    2. and then I call loadxml('xml text') to insert plugin.

Will this be the reason?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!