use the add command

• Hi,

The code above does not work... *sad*
    It seems that the add() action work well but the variable dest into set(plugin[button].y,dest); seems to not be "passed" correctly. *confused*

Code
    add(dest,get(plugin[button].y),10);
    trace(dest);
    set(plugin[button].y,dest);

I do not know why... Sorry... *sad*

Somebody knows the correct way to "pass a variable" as value to a set() action?

Salut.

• Hi,

Really strange things... *attention*

After many tries, I reach these conclusions:

• It seems that the add(dest,get(plugin[button].y),10); action works well.
    • Doing trace(dest); it gives back the correct value.
    • The set(plugin[button].y,dest); does not do the job correctly. It seems that it set the "y" value to 0, null or NaN....
    • But, doing trace(get(plugin[button].y)); it gives back the correct value. *attention* *blink*

So, I really do not understand what it is happening here *blink* *wacko* *confused* ... If some one can explain it will be very appreciated. *thumbup*

You can try it using this code:

Salut.

Edited once, last by michel (September 23, 2009 at 7:50 AM).

• Hi nelk,

I get it... *tongue* The set(plugin[button].y,dest); must be set(plugin[button].y,get(dest));
    Doing this way, all works as expected...

But then I do not understand why, when I use set(plugin[button].y,dest); , trace(get(plugin[button].y)); gives back the correct value. *attention* *blink*

Salut.

• But then I do not understand why, when I use set(plugin[button].y,dest); , trace(get(plugin[button].y)); gives back the correct value. *attention* *blink*

Hi,

trace() works a bit tricky

trace looks up the given text if there is a variable with this name and then traces the content of it,
    and only if there is no variable it traces the given text,

e.g. it will be resolved in this way:
    1. trace(get(plugin[button].y));
    2. trace(dest);
    3. trace(>>value of dest<<);

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi nelk,

dest is only a name for the variable ... it can be anything else you like to name your variable. *wink*

Code
    <action name="move">
        add(new_variable,get(plugin[pluginToMove].y),10);
        trace(new_variable);
        set(plugin[pluginToMove].y,get(new_variable));
        trace(get(plugin[pluginToMove].y));
    </action>

Salut.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!