• Hi !

I generated a lot of multires panoramas (a lot, like thousands), but I did so without generating the previews.
    Now I'd like to generate these previews, but is it possible to do so without regenerating everything ?
    If it is not possible, what are the fastest settings to generate a minimum tileset and a preview ?

Thanks a lot !

• I rejoiced too quickly.
    The input images can only be cubestrips or spherical, but my source images are equirectangular.
    They work fine with makepano, but makepreview does not like them, the output image is distorted and does not correspond to the preview that is generated by makepano.
    I guess I just have to start over then ?

• Ahah OK, sorry for that, I'm still a beginner when it comes to panoramic photography *wink*

Still, makepreview behaves differently than makepano, but I think it is because it does not support partial equirectangular panoramic. In my case, the panoramic 360° horizontal, but only ~90° vertical (not exactly, it depends).
    Makepano handles this without any problem (the top and down cube faces are just full black), but makepreview stretches my image to fit a 360°x180° panorama, resulting in a distorted image. Well, that's my best guess at least.

In my makepano config, I only specify hfov=360, nothing more, and the script adapts itself beautifully to my partial panoramic image.

• Okay, yes, partial panos are a special case - they are not directly supported by the makepreview tool...

In this case the image would need to be converted first to cube (there partials are supported and the unused space will get filled with black) and then used as input.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!