Protect *.license file

• Hello!
    Please, help me with info: how to protect *.license file from download.
    I tryed .htaccess directives, but swf checking license-file by looking for it like GET request. So I can't forbidden access, because than swf get License Error.

Regards, Alexey.

• Am I right understand: if I make swf-file, presents of license-file on server are not necessary?
    And error: when I using by krprotect, it shown error: IO error Krpano.xml Not Found. I send to swf params with xml-location, but swf-file looking xml in the same directory.

• For your error krpano.XML question

Hi,

is the "[ ] Disable External Parameters (HTTP, Flashvars)" option checked?

this option disables externals parameters like the "xml" or "pano" variable in the html, where the path to the xml was set,

and in this case the default loading will happen (krpano.swf => krpano.xml)

best regards,
    Klaus

My understanding of kprotect is this.
    You can protect your license by domain only, by domain and 1 or more XML files, a single XML file(the startup XML) or the startup XML file and other XML files too.

If you do embed the XML files you do not need to upload them to the server. They are already in the swf.( along with your license )
    If you create a .swf with kprotect using only your domain name, then your license is no longer needed on the server and is therefore protected.
    Note: When you begin using a new version(upgrade) you will need to reprotect the license with the new krpano.swf file in order to take advantage of the new tools in the upgrade.

• Hi,

Am I right understand: if I make swf-file, presents of license-file on server are not necessary?

Yes, you are right.

And error: when I using by krprotect, it shown error: IO error Krpano.xml Not Found. I send to swf params with xml-location, but swf-file looking xml in the same directory.

By default, krpano.swf load the file named krpano.xml....
    I am not absolutely sure (I can not test at this moment) but try to use kprotect this way:

Protect mode ---> Domain limited
    Disable External Parameters ---> unchecked
    Disable Javascript Interface ---> unchecked
    Disable local / ofline Usage ---> checked (if you do not need to use the generated swf file locally)
    Add Domain ----> yourdomain.com (To make the generated swf file only usable from that domain)

I think this way your xml file will be loaded..

edited: I saw your post Jarredja just now *smile*

Salut

• michel

I think this way your xml file will be loaded.

the only thing I didn't see in your steps was the directions to embed the XML files(if the user chooses to go that route). Notice there is a tab in kprotect to embed extra XML files. As usual you have gone into great detail and I am amazed how quickly you have picked up krpano. In only a few short months your skills have skyrocketed past mine as you have taken each person's questions and have made a learning experience out of each one. Keep up the good work. *thumbsup*

• Hi jarredja,

he only thing I didn't see in your steps was the directions to embed the XML files

Yes, you are right... but, if I am not on mistake, when the xml file is given by the swfobject as so.addVariable("xml", "file.xml"); there is no need to embed it ... I am right?

In only a few short months your skills have skyrocketed past mine as you have taken each person's questions and have made a learning experience out of each one. Keep up the good work.

Thank you *wink* , but I am just beginning learning the basics of Krpano and a very good way for me to do is trying to understand request of this forum. This way, I have to learn the parts that are implicated to get an answer to the request... If I can respond to the request, that wants to say that I understand something of those parts... And it is a way to try to improve a little my poor English *g* ... And finally, if I can learn something it is because others are responding to request in forums like this one *thumbup* ... it is my contribution ... *rolleyes*

Salut.

• Yes, you are right... but, if I am not on mistake, when the xml file is given by the swfobject as so.addVariable("xml", "file.xml"); there is no need to embed it ... I am right?

Yes, you are correct. However, if you want to completely protect all of your work embedding all of the XML can be done. The only downside is the swf file grows a little which requires a slightly longer download time. As long as you don't also embed the images, most people won't notice the difference. (this is my understanding of it)

As for my earlier comment on embedding, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying the XML files would be embedded with your procedure. What I now believe you meant was "with the domain protection, the tour should function correctly". It was just my misinterpretation.

• Protect mode ---> Domain limited
    Disable External Parameters ---> unchecked
    Disable Javascript Interface ---> unchecked
    Disable local / ofline Usage ---> checked (if you do not need to use the generated swf file locally)
    Add Domain ----> yourdomain.com (To make the generated swf file only usable from that domain)

Yes. This right way for me (in my shame, i would see it by my own :) )

Not embed or external xml-file — good way for multi-panorama site. Because swf, plugins.xml just one and it really useful to correct settings once time for all another panoramas on site.

Thanks all to discuss.
    *thumbsup*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!