Animate object without crop

• Hello everyone

I've virtually got myself in a bit of a situation here (pun intended). I've got a set of images offseted by an "x" angle to create a "360" rotating object that I would like to place and animate it on my scene. I've looked at the following camera example. But it unfortunately uses a vertical image stripe and implements the crop method to dynamically transition through the set of images. However my images are a set of separete images and was wondering if there is an alternative where I can loop through and call each image named "001.jpg" "002.jpg".

As you might have surely guessed... I'm a beginner, with a big heart and will to learn.

Many thanks to anyone who can help shine some light onto this ! *thumbup*

Alaa

Edited 4 times, last by aelboudali (March 30, 2016 at 12:50 PM).

• So I've been messing with the code and was wondering if this is the right method to overcome my problem. I've decided to use the txtadd method to continuasly build a new url path each time but unfortunately my image isn't changing *cry* .

I've attached the code for anyone to see:

Code
    <hotspot name="vrobj_right" url="picture/name1.jpg" ath="0" atv="0" distorted="true" frame="1" lastframe="3" visible="false" onover="animate_right(); "  />
    		<action name="animate_right">		inc(frame,1,get(lastframe),1;  txtadd(url,'picture/name',get(frame),'.jpg'); 		delayedcall(0.1, animate_right() );	 </action>

Any help is appreciated. Thanks y'all *wink*

• Thank you Umalo (very insightful code *thumbsup* *thumbsup* ), I've managed to make it work. The 16 pictures are consecutevily being called to give a 360 rotating effect.

Here is my code:

Code
    <hotspot name="vrobj" url="pictures/N1-1.jpg"  width="50%" height="50%" ath="0" atv="0" distorted="true" index="1" lastindex="16"  visible="true"  zorder="1" onclick="animate();" />
    		<action name="animate">
    		inc(index,1,get(lastindex),1); 		txtadd(urll,'pictures/N1-',get(index),'.jpg'); 		set(hotspot[vrobj].url,get(urll));		showlog(); trace('url1 is at: ', get(urll));		delayedcall(0.1, animate_right() );
    						</action>
    		<hotspot name="vrobj_right" url="pictures/N1-2.jpg"  width="50%" height="50%" ath="0" atv="0" distorted="true"   visible="true" zorder="0"  />
    		<action name="animate_right">
    		inc(index,1,get(lastindex),1); 		txtadd(urlll,'pictures/N1-',get(index),'.jpg'); 		set(hotspot[vrobj_right].url,get(urlll));		showlog(); trace('url1 is at: ', get(urll));		delayedcall(0.1, animate() );		
    		</action>

One teeeny tiny issue is that for some odd reason the sequence going from 4->4->5->5->6->6->7->7....

I mean it's almost unnoticeable but irritating the OCD within me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!