HTML5-VR Audio Plugin - version 3.1.0 is ready!

• Hi
    the plugin works perfectly fine on the desktop and with the sound files provided in your assets folder. However, when I use sound files from my library the sound is echoing/choppy. Following are the details of my setup

Samsung S6 Edge
    Android ver: 6.0.1
    Krpano - ver: 1.19 p3
    mp3 to ogg conversion - Adobe Audition (xiph OGG container)
    Firefox ver 46.0.1

I have enclosed both the formats of the water sound used by me.

Regards
    GP

• So,

I've purchased this plugin to test 3D sounds implementation on 360 motions.

- 1x 360 motion (4K MP4 130Mo - WEBM 8Mo poor resolution - 4K MOV 180Mo) , 2x 3D ambient sounds (MP3 / OGG)

On PC (Window 10, Edge/Chrome) / Mac (Mac OS 10.11.5, Chrome/FireFox) / Samsung S7 (Internet Samsung / Chrome) / Nexus 5 (Chrome)
    In normal mode,
    - Edge, 360 motion not loaded, sounds OK
    - All others are running fine.

In real WebVR mode (Samsung / Nexus), depending of the size of the motion,
    - Samsung S7 with Samsung Gear :
    --- Internet Samsung, Motion MP4 and sounds OK, but after some motion loops, no answer, Motion WEBM and 2 sounds are OK.
    --- Chrome, Motion MP4 OK, but only 1 sound, Motion WEBM and 2 sounds are OK.
    - Nexus 5 with Homido
    --- Chrome, Motion WEBM and the 2 sounds are OK.

So in WebVR mode, nothing is perfect to get a stable full 4K resolution with 3D ambient sound.
    For sure, the problem is not the sound plugin but the combination of browser, internal APIs, motion bitrate and online mode...

BR,
    JPhD

• So in WebVR mode, nothing is perfect to get a stable full 4K resolution with 3D ambient sound.
    For sure, the problem is not the sound plugin but the combination of browser, internal APIs, motion bitrate and online mode...

Basically, you're right. Some mobile web browsers are still minor bugs (on android) in video360 mode. Luckily they are still developing.
    These types of problems occur sometimes only in video mode 360, but 360 video its great trend so Google must fix this bugs soon.

Best regards

Piotr

• Basically, you're right. Some mobile web browsers are still minor bugs (on android) in video360 mode. Luckily they are still developing.
    These types of problems occur sometimes only in video mode 360, but 360 video its great trend so Google must fix this bugs soon.

Best regards

Piotr

I agree Piotr,

I currently test another "offline" way : all resources (motions, sounds...) are uploaded on Samsung S7 Gear to have the best resolutions and the best reactivity.
    VR Immersion requires a 3D sounds to pay user attention in the right direction and bring the best feeling.

• It's the last action in this sequence - Html5Soundpause that's just restarting another instance of the sound. I currently have it switched to Html5Soundstop, which seems to be working

Code
    <hotspot name="play1" url="spots/play_button.png" scale="0.5" ath="-206.77988248917774" atv="5.06344523227781" visible="false" onover="tween(scale,0.4);" onout="tween(scale,0.5);" onclick="wait(1.0); set(hotspot[pause1].visible,true); set(hotspot[play1].visible,false); playHtml5sound2d(false, 1_welcome, sounds/1_welcome, 1.0, 1.0, true,,,,,,Html5Soundstop(1_welcome); set(hotspot[pause1].visible,false); set(hotspot[play1].visible,true) );" />
    <hotspot name="pause1" url="spots/stop_button.png" scale="0.5" ath="-206.77988248917774" atv="5.06344523227781" visible="false" onover="tween(scale,0.4);" onout="tween(scale,0.5);" onclick= "wait(1.0);  set(hotspot[play1].visible,true); set(hotspot[pause1].visible,false); Html5Soundpause(1_welcome)" />
  • Change name of the sound 1_welcome to eg welcome_1 and let me know.

Missed that requirement. Unfortunately, I tried that and it didn't fix it. Pause still is just starting another instance of the audio. You can view the example here

Code
    <hotspot name="play3" url="spots/play_button.png" scale="0.5" ath="-173.74343657492275" atv="2.9597981567441973" onover="tween(scale,0.4);" onout="tween(scale,0.5);" onclick="set(hotspot[pause3].visible,true); set(hotspot[play3].visible,false); playHtml5sound2d(false, welcome_1, sounds/welcome_1, 1.0, 1.0, false);" />
    <hotspot name="pause3" url="spots/pause_button.png" scale="0.5" ath="-173.74343657492275" atv="2.9597981567441973" visible="false" onover="tween(scale,0.4);" onout="tween(scale,0.5);" onclick="set(hotspot[play3].visible,true); set(hotspot[pause3].visible,false); Html5Soundpause(welcome_1)" />
  • Thank you for example.

There is a bug in the documentation here , which will be updated as soon as possible.

This should be:

Html5Soundpause(name,bool);

• pauses a sound
    • name = identification name of the sound
    • bool - true/false

Try this code:

Code
    <hotspot name="play3" url="spots/play_button.png" scale="0.5" ath="-173.74343657492275" atv="2.9597981567441973" onover="tween(scale,0.4);" onout="tween(scale,0.5);" onclick="set(hotspot[pause3].visible,true); set(hotspot[play3].visible,false); trace('welcome_1_sound_loaded: ',get(welcome_1_sound_loaded));if(welcome_1_sound_loaded, Html5Soundpause(welcome_1, false), playHtml5sound2d(false, welcome_1, sounds/welcome_1, 1.0, 1.0, false, set(welcome_1_sound_loaded, true)));" />
      <hotspot name="pause3" url="spots/pause_button.png" scale="0.5" ath="-173.74343657492275" atv="2.9597981567441973" visible="false" onover="tween(scale,0.4);" onout="tween(scale,0.5);" onclick="set(hotspot[play3].visible,true); set(hotspot[pause3].visible,false); Html5Soundpause(welcome_1,true)" />

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your report.

Let me know if it works now?

kind regards

Piotr

• New beta 8 is ready.

The Html5Soundpause(); method has been repaired. To pause the audio just use the method with the name of the sound eg.

Code
    Html5Soundpause(sound_1);

and to turn on the sound again, use the method Html5Soundplay(); eg:

Code
    Html5Soundplay(sound_1);

The second parameter (BOOL) in the function Html5Soundpause(); is no longer needed.

Download link to the update has been sent to the customers now.

Kind regards

Piotr

• @spacerywirtualne - is it possible to have a single audio file play continuously while moving from scene to scene? I have tried this by having g a start action for playing an audio file at the beginning of the main tour.xml file which DID play the audiophile but as soon as I moved to another scene the audio stopped.

• Greetings, I purchased your plugin but have several questions/problems.

ENCRYPTED FILES
    The xml files are encrypted so I cannot do things like change the png icon to use my own symbols. How can I use my own icons?

CAN ONLY PLAY POI SOUNDS ONE TIME
    If you play a sound and let it run until finished, you cannot play the sound again. This is a problem. Is there a way around this?

LOOP SOUNDS
    I don't understand where I'm supposed to put the plugin action to control looping. Some sounds I want to loop, some I want to play just once.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!