Textfield won't resize for mobile devices

• I would like to learn why the textfields in my projects will not scale for mobile devices. I have attached a view from the KRpano Iphone simulator and a screen print from my PC to show the difference. Here is the code that I have been using:

Code
    <plugin name="textfield"        url="plugins/textfield.swf"        keep="true"       align="center"       html="Use arrow pointers on map [br]or globe / foursquare icons[br] at lower left below thumbnail panel[br] to skip to specific areas of the lake.[br] Then, click and drag within the scene to navigate.[br] Click blue return arrow at right  to return to lake map [br] [b]Click these instructions to remove[/b]"       css="text-align:center; font-size:14px; color:#0xBBBBBB;"       autoheight="auto"       vcenter="true"       padding="9"       wordwrap="true"       selectable="true"       onclick="removeplugin (textfield)"       embeddedfonts="false"       background="true"       backgroundcolor="0xB1B1B1"       backgroundalpha=".8"       border="true"       bordercolor="0xFFFFFF"       borderalpha="1.0"       borderwidth="5.0"       roundedge="40"       shadow="0"       shadowrange="4.0"       shadowangle="45"       shadowcolor="0x000000"       shadowalpha="1.0"       textshadow="0"       textshadowrange="4.0"       textshadowangle="45"       textshadowcolor="0xFFFFFF"       textshadowalpha="1.0"       onautosized=""        />

Any advice would be appreciated!

Best, Reggie *question*

• Here are links to the photos: Large Monitor, Iphone Simulator, Correct Scale

The scaling problem is with KRPano 1.19 pr3. First link shows that it scales correct on PC screen....but second link shows that it does not scale for an Iphone. The third link shows a screen print showing the correct scaling of the same text project in a different project that was created in KRPano 1.18.2. I had a similar problem getting a video to scale correctly for Iphone in 1.19 pr3. I solved that problem by substituting the videolayer.js plugin file from KRPano 1.17 into the 1.19 pr3 project. I tried the same workaround by substituting the textfield.swf file from 1.18.2 into my 1.19 pr3 project where the textfield won't scale for Iphone. It didn't work.

I am having the same scaling issue with anything that resides on the skin in 1.19 pr3. Note the difference in size of the logo at upper left in two Iphone simulator shots shown above. 1.18 scales it correctly. If there is some simple trick for solving this, I would be grateful to learn it.

Best, Reggie

Edited once, last by Reggie: Add relevant new image link (January 5, 2016 at 2:33 PM).

• OK, whew,... so I think I finally got the pictures uploaded...It took me 3 days to figure out how to do it. Was that like passing a kidney stone or what! First pic shows PC view of tour done in KRPano 1.19 pr3. Second pic shows project done in KRPano 1.18.2 where text area scales correctly. Third pic is the Iphone simulator view of the first pic. Neither the the text area or the logo at lefttop scale correctly. Changed "onautosized" control in Textfield plugin from 1.0 to 0.5 and there was no change.

Edited 3 times, last by Reggie: Trying to upload screen shots. (January 5, 2016 at 8:38 PM).

• Hi,

you mean the 'stagescale':
    https://krpano.com/docu/actions/#stagescale

On mobiles it is 0.5 by default and otherwise 1.0 - see here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/html/#mobilescale

Here an interactive example for understanding:
    https://krpano.com/examples/118/e…scale-test.html

In the version 1.19 vtourskin.xml, the stagescale will be set to be always 1.0 and the tour layout is designed for that scaling.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I changed the mobile stagescale value to 0.5 and it is magic! I would prefer to use a youtube Iframe to run my videos and this seems to be the trick. I am grateful and will nurse the bump on my head (from banging it against the wall) tonight with a few extra beers. Temporarily though, I am using the videoplayer plugin for video and in KRPano 1.19PR3 I get a distorted aspect ratio in Iphone portait mode. When I substitute the videoplayer.js file from KRPano 1.17.4 though, the video seems to scale correctly. Is there a value I can change in 1.19pr3 to get correct scaling for the videoplayer plugin on mobile portrait view? Screen prints of what I am talking about are below: (1.17.4 first, then 1.19PR3 2nd and 3rd)

*thumbsup* *thumbsup*

Edited once, last by Reggie: Complete Photo Upload (January 6, 2016 at 12:04 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!