Multiple tours, one skin file and one set of plugins

• Hi,

I have 7 virtual tours working individually online that I'd now like to group together but am being persuaded by Fatal Error messages not to do it, specifically 'Access to restricted URI denied' when viewed locally or just a black screen when viewed online.

I've managed to do the same as the KRPano examples folder and have just the one tour.swf and one tour.js so they can be easily and quickly updated in the future but having just one plugins folder and one skin folder is driving me slightly insane to set up. Each of the 7 tours have exactly the same skin, buttons etc so it seems a shame to have 7 different vtourskin.xml files as I may need to change the look in a 6 months time. Updating a single vtourskin.xml that feeds all 7 would be better and updating one folder of plugins would be more efficient.

Having includes like this just gives me the fatal error messages or black screens

Code
    <include url="../viewer/plugins/showtext.xml"/>
    <include url="../viewer/skin/vtourskin.xml"/>

http://www.360cities.net uses Krpano and has endless 360's on display and there's no way they would have separate plugin files for each categories. Somehow everything will be driven from one set of files that they can easily update.

Anyone here had any luck doing this sort of thing? I would also like to be able to run these combined tours offline also if at all possible without getting the 'Access to restricted URI denied' warning so I can show people on a laptop with no internet connection.

Thanks for your help,

Andrew

Edited once, last by andrew22222 (November 23, 2015 at 10:03 PM).

• Been busy trying to work out a solution but it seems to have me stumped with these Fatal Error messages. I'm starting to see the messages when I shut my eyes at night *w00t*

Read up on more previous posts and found solutions using includes but I'd like to keep these tours in their own individual folders as some of them are enormous with loads of slideshow images, popup scrolling text windows and sound files. They all use the same look interface so really only one vtourskin.xml and one vtourskin.png should run them all.

For some reason I thought it would have been quite simple to have a single main directory with tour.swf, tour.js and tour.xml then a plugins folder and a skin folder and then each tour has it's own self contained folder.

Any references to plugins no matter which sub directory / folder they were in would be url="%FIRSTXML%/plugins/soundinterface.swf" etc,
    The skin reference would be <include url="../skin/vtourskin.xml" /> as the skin folder would always be just one directory above.

The index.html file in each individual tour folder would be like below as again the tour.swf and tour.js would always be just one directory above.

<script>
    embedpano({swf:"../tour.swf", xml:"tour.xml", target:"pano", html5:"prefer", passQueryParameters:true});
    </script>

but it's a no go......... Fatal Error....... Fatal Error...... Fatal Error Ahhhhhhh! *cursing*

• Thanks for the reply Phil.

Yes that works no problem and I can link straight to the tour.js, tour.swf with no issues. The error messages start coming up when you link scenes to a single plugins folder or a single skin folder.

<include url="../skin/vtourskin.xml" />

url="%FIRSTXML%/plugins/soundinterface.swf

From my testing each tour has to have it's own plugins folder and it's own skin folder otherwise it's a no go. I've never had to set this up before and thought it was a little odd so posted here to see if I'm missing something obvious or someone else is already currently doing it.

Andrew

Fantastic aerials 360's on your site *wink*

• Thanks Klaus.

Never thought to use %SWFPATH% as to be honest I was trying to stay away from anything flash related in case it's goes pretty much redundant in the next year or so.

I only really include the flash version now for those with older browsers that don't update regularly so can't run html5.

If %SWFPATH% is the solution though I'll give it a go today *wink*

Cheers.

Andrew

• Damn.... it didn't work. Both of these throw up the error.

<include url="%SWFPATH%/skin/vtourskin.xml" />
    <include url="%SWFPATH%/xml/actions.xml" />

In the case of the skin all I get is a black screen with

FATAL ERROR: ../skin/vtourskin.xml - Loading failed! (NS_ERROR_DOM_BAD_URI: Access to restricted URI denied)

Also tried it with the krpano testing server

*confused*

• Hi,

Never thought to use %SWFPATH% as to be honest I was trying to stay away from anything flash related in case it's goes pretty much redundant in the next year or so.

The url placeholder %SWFPATH% isn't Flash-only - it's the also available in the HTML5 viewer - and there it points to the HTML5 viewer script.

But if you want you can use also other placeholders like %HTMLPATH% or %BASEDIR% to define your paths:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#url

FATAL ERROR: ../skin/vtourskin.xml - Loading failed! (NS_ERROR_DOM_BAD_URI: Access to restricted URI denied)

That means your paths are still wrong!

Such errors are individual and depending on your own file/directory structure - just think a bit about where the url placeholders points to and how to get from there to your files.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Took your advice and went through just one tour and checked for broken links.

Eventually I got it so there were no more error messages but then there was no 360 either, just a black window. Further investigation revealed that there were a couple of broken links in the purchased map plugin I have plus a few other plugins as they were already using %HTML% or %FIRST%

Works now but was one pig of brain teaser.

Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!