Info hotspots in VR mode

• Hi,

I'm looking for a way to create information hotspots that display while the user points the crosshair (while in VR mode) on the hotspot. When the user moves away, the infobox should fade away.

I tried using showtext() but it only displays text on the left screen/eye making it basically impossible to see.

Ideally, there would be a <div> that could contain images, text, css etc. that would be displayed.

I only use the HTML5 version, as this is for a Cardboard project, so any solutions with Flash really does not work for me. Anyone have any ideas ?

• Hi,

in (real) WebVR mode only WebGL content will be show-able - that means no HTML content,

and the elements that are currently render-able via WebGL are:
    - the pano
    - and distorted IMAGE hotspots

Text is difficult here because it would be necessary to get the text into the WebGL texture and there is no browser-side API for rendering html text into a canvas or WebGL texture.

The only technical possibility would be parsing the text html code manually and drawing the text via the canvas drawText() API. I'm working on that, but this is unfortunately also disadvantages - it can only support a small subset of the html/css styling possibilities, and it is slow...

The best possibility for the moment would be to use a simple pre-created image for the text (as hotspot).

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!