webglsettings: {preserveDrawingBuffer: true} works locally, not online

• Dear Klaus/Krpano Community,

so we've been recently developing a screenshot module for our materials, and I understand that this setting (preserveDrawingBuffer) is essential for this to work.

Question is, what is the correct way of setting it up?

Currently we have:

Code
    webglsettings: {preserveDrawingBuffer: true}

in the embed parameters, and it and the whole screenshot function we've developed works fine on a localhost server, but when uploaded into our online system it doesn't. The krpano js and the embedding code seems to be just the same...

While browsing around the forum I noticed there was another way of setting this variable, by using:

Code
    embedpano({..., html5:"prefer+preservedrawingbuffer", ...});

At the moment I don't have access to our central html template file, so I can't test that one out, but anyway, which is the proper way?

Could there be any other reasons for this whole thing not to work? I'm getting no errors by the way, but online I get a blank black image when invoking the canvas's toDataURL() method. Again, locally it works like a charm. Any ideas? Thanks!

• Okay, that was fast, I gained access to the html file and edited in the latter version of the embed parameters. It works now just fine!

So Klaus, what's up with the first method? It works locally, but not online...are you aware of this, or is this some kind of strange bug on my side?

Oh, I'm testing with Chrome 46.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!