Generating black jpegs only

• Hi all,

I'm trying to tile a flat panorama from a 72 475 x 13 426 px .tif file but unfortunately Make Multires Flat Pano Droplet.bat generates black or striped grey-black jpegs only...

I've tried with Tools 1_0_8 and Tools 1_0_8 beta8 with the same behavior.
    BTW, how come Tools 1_0_8 beta8 says "unregistred trial version" as I'm a registred user ?

Thanks for your help

G.

• Hi all,

I'm trying to tile a flat panorama from a 72 475 x 13 426 px .tif file but unfortunately Make Multires Flat Pano Droplet.bat generates black or striped grey-black jpegs only...

Strange, it works with resized 60 000 x 11 115 px panorama but no chance with higher size. I've only got a black panorama...
    Is there a size limit with KRpano ?? or am i doing something wrong ?

G.

• Hi,

BTW, how come Tools 1_0_8 beta8 says "unregistred trial version" as I'm a registred user ?

do you have the "krpanotools.license" in the some folder as the tools?

Strange, it works with resized 60 000 x 11 115 px panorama but no chance with higher size. I've only got a black panorama...
    Is there a size limit with KRpano ?? or am i doing something wrong ?

it would be a problem with the tiff itself,
    which application have you used to create the tiff?

best regards,
    Klaus

• do you have the "krpanotools.license" in the some folder as the tools?

it would be a problem with the tiff itself,
    which application have you used to create the tiff?

best regards,
    Klaus

Hi Klaus, thanks for the reply,

My fault, I had pasted the "krpano.license" instead of "krpanotools.licence".

At first sight I too thought it was a problem with my .tiff but I used the same software (Photoshop CS, 8 bits .tiff ) to resize my file to 60 000 px wide...
    I just gave a try with the same image but 70 000 px wide and got the same result : black panorama.

Thanks for tour help,

G.

• At first sight I too thought it was a problem with my .tiff but I used the same software (Photoshop CS, 8 bits .tiff ) to resize my file to 60 000 px wide...
    I just gave a try with the same image but 70 000 px wide and got the same result : black panorama.

Hi,

one question to this - is the tiff file maybe larger than 2 GB?
    I know there is a problem at the moment with tiff files from photoshop that are larger than 2GB...
    if that's the case - using a tiff compression (lzw,zip) could help here, but I'm trying to fix this problem,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Correct. Over 2 GB weight Tiff, Make Multires Flat Pano Droplet generates black tiles. The only solution by now is using LZW compression which, in my case, reduces my 2,6 GB .tiff image down to 1,7 GB.

Like I read on another thread, I'm too waiting for the .PSB compatibility.

Thank you Klaus for your great support and your hard work.

Oh, BTW, here's my panorama we're talking about :
    http://tinyurl.com/lydlsj
    (no LZW compression but downsize from 72 000 px to 60 000 px wide)

G.

• Thanks for your comment *smile*

Not sure if I wrote it right but I cannot see much difference between progressive or not, maybe because I'm on a high speed connexion (image loads immediately).
    Herre's how I added the line :
    <image type="CYLINDER" hfov="1" multires="true" tilesize="625" progressive="true">

Is this all right ?

Thanks,

G.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!