Looking for simple tutorial

• Greetings from Somerset, UK

I have:-

- the camera (Canon 5D MkII + 28~300mm L) - Photoshop CS4 - Quad core +4gbRam + 2.35Tb storage.

I'm looking for a simple tutorial that explains what is needed and a how to, to produce, say a simple pano to start with. (Say a 90 degree horizontal.)I have looked at the sphere/cube stuff but can't get my head around it. I need a simple kick start. Thanks

Donald

• Hello,

first a basic question - do you already know about "stitching" ?
    this must be done first to transform/combinate the images together,

only when there is a final panoramic image (full spherical or partial, both is possible) krpano can be used,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello Klaus, Thank you for your reply

Yes, I am familiar with stitching. I have created many panos (crudely) using a monopod or hand held and taking overlapping images and letting CS4 stitch them. I have only done standard horizontal using upto 10 - 20 images. EG:

I keep the original native size (21mpx per image)... For example, could I convert this pano? If so which tool should be used?

What I really need is a simple general idea of a process/work flow... not a detailed absolute step-by-step tutorial. EG:

1 take x amount of pano images

2 stitch them into pano

3 ?

4 ?

5? etc

I would be happy to do some ordinary horizontals until I get to grips with the processes - Then I will probably invest in proper pano hardware for spherical work.

Pointers on work flow in putting it together will be much appreciated...

Thanks
    Donald

• Hi,

okay, great!

just download the 1.0.8 beta tools from here: (only the 1.0.8 beta supports partial panos)
    https://krpano.com/download/beta/

extract it anywhere,
    and drop your pano image (as 8bit tiff or jpeg) on "MAKE MULTIRES FLAT PANO droplet"

then the tool will generate (in the folder of the original image) the tiles for multiresolution viewing and a html and xml for it, to view it just open the html file,

best regards,
    Klaus

• That worked absolutely as described. I was about to order a licence but wanted to make sure all worked on my website.
    I uploaded the files as per the file structure:

I got a 'licence' error. I assume that is you safety to make sure of payment... *g*

Before I take the full plunge and send you some of my pension money, I would be grateful if you could confirm:
    a) The file structure is correct...
    b) That I do not need any special folders on the server such as cgi-bin etc
    Again, many thanks
    Donald

• Hi Donald,

The file structure looks fine, the only thing you need is a krpano licence and that would sit nicely along with the rest of the files in your folder. Hope this all the info you need to go ahead and make an excellent purchase of KRPano. The forum here is very good and helpful.

oh question B: You do not need any special folders on the server such as cgi-bin etc..

Good luck !

tom

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!