krpano viewer fails with load failure after adding first hotspot ("permission denied")

• I have created a virtual tour with four 360 VR panos. The virtual tour executes good on my local computer. I used the tour_editor.html to add a single hot spot to get from one pano to another. I tested it and it works fine within the editor. When I launch the viewer (tour.html) without the editor, I get the following error:

"Fatal error: tour.xml - loading failed! (Error: Permission Denied)" (see attachment)

I have examined the tour.xml file and the code to add the hotspot is there and it looks good (see attachment).

I am running the tour.html locally on my Windows 7 computer. I have set Adobe Flash Player global security settings to allow local viewing of the html file on my computer. I am running krpano 1.18.5.

Probably a simple cause but it is not apparent to me.

*confused*

• *smile* Solved the problem by checking Windows 7 Properties on the tour.xml file. After saving the tour.xml in the editor, the properties have to be manually changed each time.

The procedure is to (1) right click on tour.xml file, (2) select "properties", (3) select the "general" tab, (4) under the security section, the "unblock" button must be pressed, (5) select "apply" or "ok", and (6) re-launch tour.html.

This fixed the problem and I can now add hot spots and execute viewer without any problem. I have attached a screen shot of the properties pop-up window for reference.

• Apparently every time I manually edit the tour.xml using a text editor, I have to also edit the file properties and select "unblock" after completing my edits.

****** On further check, this was not true. The properties only have to be changed after file is saved from the tour_editor.

Edited 2 times, last by L_Kappel (October 1, 2015 at 6:27 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!