• hi, klaus!

missverständnis...

rauskommen sollen einfach 6 würfelseiten in jpg, die xml und alle plugs... kein multires...
    im moment ist es immer etwas mühsam, die xml auf cubes zu ändern... *wink*
    das ist doch bestimmt ein ziemlich simples script, oder?

• Hi,

wenn kein Multiresolution verwendet werden soll,
    wäre es möglich die "kmakemultires.config" daraufhin anpassen:
    dazu die "tilesize" dort auf das Maximum setzen (2880)
    zusätzlich könnte noch die "maxsize" ebenfalls auf die gewünschte maximale Größe gesetzt werden,

hier ist das auch beschrieben unter "oder - falls eine reduzierte Auflösung verwendet werden soll:":
    optimale Würfelkantenlänge errechnen?

Schöne Grüße,
    Klaus

• Klaus,

Could you translate this in English? I used a translator (still confused) and I believe you are saying the settings in kmakemultires.config could be manipulated to make the code for only 6 tiles.

Another question I have, when/what size file is it more beneficial to use multires as opposed to the 6 cubes? As for as displaying the images as quickly as possible. I have always used multires due to the ease of use ( not having to replace the code, I am lazy I guess ) but have often wondered if the 6 cubes would display as well.

I applaud everyone that must use a translator to view this site as I sometimes find even the Engish to be confusing (My lack of coding knowledge *g* )

• Hi,

Could you translate this in English? I used a translator (still confused) and I believe you are saying the settings in kmakemultires.config could be manipulated to make the code for only 6 tiles.

yes, of course
    with editing the "kmakemultires.config" it would be possible to create only normal (not tiled, multiresolution) cube faces,

just set the "tilesize" and "maxsize" in the file to the same user defined value,
    or set the "tilesize" to the maximum possible value for flash images - 2880 and set "maxsize" to your wanted cube size or use "auto" for the current size,

when tilesize is as large or larger as the maximum size - only one level is generated, and this level can't be tiled, so as result only the normal cube faces are generated,

Another question I have, when/what size file is it more beneficial to use multires as opposed to the 6 cubes? As for as displaying the images as quickly as possible. I have always used multires due to the ease of use ( not having to replace the code, I am lazy I guess ) but have often wondered if the 6 cubes would display as well.

difficult to answer what would be the best size for multires,
    it can't be generally said, just play with the settings to find the values that fit your needs best,
    e.g. try to set the "tilesize" and "maxsize" values manually...

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!