New Microsoft Edge: use Flash with html5:prefer

• Hi all, Hi Klauss...
    I tested the new browser Microsoft Edge in Windows 10, but I noticed then setting the tag html5:"prefer" Microsoft Edge uses always the Flash player.
    Why this unexpected behavior...??? With Internet Ex. 11 in Windows 8 / 8.1 it work fine.
    What I'm wrong ???
    Do you also have this problem ???

But if I utiizzo FireFox all function normally.

Thanks in advance, Marco

• Hi,

see here:
    krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 3

Do you maybe test Windows 10 in a VM?

When the browsers tells its WebGL rendering would be very slow (e.g. because of no or no real GPU support), the embedding script uses Flash instead.

You could use html5=only to force the html5 usage, but normally you should get a better performance (smoother panning, higher framerates) with Flash in that situation.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klauss.
    I use Windows 10 in a new Pc, not a VM.
    Tomorrow I will do new check test , and I will send the results.

I have this problem only with combination Windows 10 and M. Edge.
    Other brower works fine.
    Regards, Marco

• Hi,

I have this problem only with combination Windows 10 and M. Edge.
    Other brower works fine.

Of course - this a browser-depended behavior, the browser itself decides what it will do on failIfMajorPerformanceCaveat.
    And different browsers have a different utilizing of the available GPU software and hardware.

How is the performance on your system when you compare Flash and HTML5 in the MS Edge browser?
    (just as note - e.g. use html5=never and html5=only for testing so that you can compare)

When this happens, it typically means that the browser would use 'software-rendering' instead of 'hardware-accelerated-rendering' for the WebGL display and software-rendered WebGL would be very slow - way slower than rendering via Flash.

As solution you could try manually updating your graphic card drivers to get full GPU support.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!