Pano Runner - Android App for Krpano

• Hi all.
    This discussion originally started in another thread, but it's time to move it to it's own thread now. Pano Runner is an Android App that allows you to store and run one or more Virtual Tours locally on your Android device. This is beta so I'm going to offer a direct link to the file for a while until I get some feedback on any issues found. Once it's running well I will submit it to Google Play.

Click HERE to download the App and sample content.

Here's a video explaining everything else. Very sorry for the video quality. I was using my daughters tablet to record the video and I had no idea how awful it's camera was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIir1nNjasg

Regards
    James.

• ok great job James, I test it and so amazing with tour .

So I have a question, how do you manage the 360 video,
    I have replace tour.js and tour.xml by krpano_vr.xml ans krpano.js, I have change the index.html and it doesn't work for me, how can I do ?

It is a great apps
    Congratulation

Best regards
    Marco
    *cool*

• find the workflow for 360 video, nothing to say you're a master . this apps is great and if I can do something for you it will be a pleasure.

best regards
    Marco

Edited once, last by bazevent (July 6, 2015 at 11:29 PM).

• Great, but how I can store two or more virtual tours?
    I tried to store two folders, each with one virtual tour, but did not work.

only it worked when I copied virtual tour files, into .pano-runner folder.
    When I stored on the sd card and I chose sd card in the app, I had only a white screen.

It behaves very well and is very smooth movement

Thanks
    Ramiro

• Great, but how I can store two or more virtual tours?
    I tried to store two folders, each with one virtual tour, but did not work.

only it worked when I copied virtual tour files, into .pano-runner folder.
    When I stored on the sd card and I chose sd card in the app, I had only a white screen.

It behaves very well and is very smooth movement

Thanks
    Ramiro

When I stored on the sd card and I chose sd card in the app, I had only a white scree

have you try to create a folder .pano-runner in your sdcard and upload your tour on it ?

Marco *cool*

• Hi Ramiro.

Great, but how I can store two or more virtual tours?

Inside the .pano-runner folder you can create as many sub folders as you like. For example, your folder structure could look like this if you wanted have 4 tours inside Pano Runner.

Code
    /.pano-runner/index.html 
    /.pano-runner/Tour 1/tour.html 
    /.pano-runner/Tour 2/tour.html 
    /.pano-runner/Tour 3/tour.html 
    /.pano-runner/Tour 4/tour.html

The index.html file simply needs to contain hyper links to the sub folders. For example, the body of the index.html file would look like this in the example above.

Code
    <a href="Tour 1/tour.html">Hotel California</a> 
    <a href="Tour 2/tour.html">Pizza Hut</a> 
    <a href="Tour 3/tour.html">Sea World</a> 
    <a href="Tour 4/tour.html">House of Horror</a>

In the future it maybe possible to get Pano Runner to to auto scan every sub folder for *.html files, but for the moment you must reference every tour in the index.html file as a hyper link.

You can also customise this index.html file with graphics, animations or anything you like to make the page look fancy. Pano Runner will load anything that is referenced in a sub folder of .pano-runner

Kind regards
    James

• Hi everyone.
    Any feedback on this app yet? It's been downloaded over 50 times.

I need to know if people are having an issues launching Virtual Tours from the SD Card.

If you are, can you please tell me what the manufactures name of your device is because when it comes to the path to the SD Card, it seems some manufacture are using different addresses.

This only applies to the SD Card from what I gather. The Internal memory is always the same since it's defined by the OS, not the manufacture.

I'd like to get this up on Google Play, but I don't want to bother uploading it until I know I've catered for all known SD Card paths.

Thanks
    James

• Just thinking out loud here. I may removed SD Card support entirely and just submit it to Google Play.

This way when you launch the app I can design it so your Virtual Tour / index.html file automatically loads with no need to make any memory selection.

Regards
    James

• Hello Tebbritt,
    thank you for the App!

I ve a question regarding the videplayer? Is it possible to play a 360 Video in VR Modus with this app?

I m getting only a black screen with sound.

My device is a Nexus 4 with Android 5.1.1 and the newest Android System Web View Version 44.0.2.2403.83

any hints?

doous

• Hi Tubbritt
    I do not understand, how should I name folders containing the tours in .pano-runner, and how should I store there?
    wich index.html should contain hyperlinks to subfolders?

How do I change tour?

I am having the same issue launching Virtual Tours from the SD Card: White screen.

Thanks, Ramiro

• Hi Ramiro.

how should I name folders containing the tours in .pano-runner

It doesn't matter. You can give sub folders whatever name you like. See my post above.

Pano Runner - Android App for Krpano

and how should I store there?

That also doesn't matter. You can store files however you like.

wich index.html should contain hyperlinks to subfolders?

Now this is very important. The index.html file that contains the hyper links must be located in the top most folder of the .pano-runner folder as shown in my post above. If you do not do this you will get a white screen.

How do I change tour?

You press the back button and click on any one of your hyper links.

I am having the same issue launching Virtual Tours from the SD Card: White screen

When you understand all of the above, the exact same logic applies to the SD Card.

I will try to make a download you can just copy into the .pano-runner folder tomorrow that demonstrates how to store more than one tour.

Regards
    James

• Many Thanks for your clear answer

I will try to make a download you can just copy into the .pano-runner folder tomorrow that demonstrates how to store more than one tour.

I will wait for this
    Ramiro

• The free version is now online at Googe Play.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/det…ualworld.vtfree

And there's now a Pro version that has no branding whatsoever.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/det…tualworld.vtpro

The pro version has a simple generic "Virtual Tour" splash screen and it then directly runs your index.html file so it looks and behaves like a closed native app you have written yourself.

Please note that these new versions no longer use the ".pano-runner" folder because of the name change. The new folder you have to use from now on is called ".virtual-tour"

Regards
    James.

• Hi Ramiro.
    Very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My workload got a bit crazy for the last few days.

Here's an example of how to store more than one Virtual Tour within the App.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Unzip the data and copy it to your Android Device. Then move it to your .virtual-tour folder

So your folder structure will look like this.

Regards
    James

Edited once, last by Tubbritt (July 17, 2015 at 8:53 PM).

• Hi Tubbritt
    Thanks, I had already figured out how to store multiple tours.
    The link does not work.
    When I tried to buy the application, the device for which I want,
    Sony xperia z3 compact, does not appear, and says it is already installed.
    How should I proceed?

Ramiro

The link does not work.

Sorry about that, there was a typo. It's now working.

When I tried to buy the application, the device for which I want,
    Sony xperia z3 compact, does not appear,

You don't have to look for your specific Sony. At this moment in time there is only one free version and one Pro version. If the current free version works for you, then your guaranteed the Pro version will also work.

I didn't make any other “device specific” yet because there doesn’t seem to be any need so far. The current versions are running perfect for anyone who's installed them.

and says it is already installed

I'm not sure what you mean? The Pro version? If Google Play says it's already installed then you much have already purchased it.

Regards
    James

• Hi Tubbritt

Hi. I've been using Virtual tour pro from the start.
    In smartphone I have not had any problems.
    I installed it in tablet galaxy tab 4. Playing a tour that has many interactions with hotspots with different scales and attributes for tablets and mobile.
    The application tends to use the specific attributes for mobile, not the specific attributes for tablet. My question is whether the application is exclusively for mobile and is not suitable for tablets?
    Ramiro

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!