How to impove graphic display quality in krpano ?

• Hello,

When i draw a circle in flash, or photoshop (for a button for example), the circle looks good but when i use it in krpano, it looks very bad. I think it’s a problem like antialiasing. The border of the circle is not clean.
    There is no problem with square. I've tried to draw a black circle in flash and the background color is white. I've tried the same in photoshop but the result is the same. When i preview the circle in Flash, it's ok. But not in krpano.

Do you know if there is a parameter in krpano to improve the quality display of the graphics ?

I’m using krpano 1.08 beta and my flash project is flash player 9.

Thank you !

• Thanx Tuur for your answer.

In fact, scale is already set to 1.
    Or there is no scale. I've tried both.

There is always this problem of display.

I create my own plugin in Flash for krpano.

In that plugin, i draw "circle" buttons. When i publish the plugin, the display is quite ok.

But in krpano, the circle are bad.

Attachments : This is 2 screen capture : First one in krpano, 2nd one in flash. Do you notice the difference ?

• Hi Vinyl,

I have the same display problem on my swf files displayed in Krpano...
    The bad display is evident when there is some text in the swf... the text looks very bad.... *sad*
    I have tried using smoothing=true parameter in the plugin used to display the swf, without result.
    It looks like if the display quality option of flashplayer was set to low ...

Salut

• Hi,

krpano uses for performance reasons the StageQuality MEDIUM when the display quality (movequality10/stillquality10) was set to HIGH,

with StageQuality MEDIUM the Flashplayer uses a 2x2 anti-alias pixel grid and with StageQuality HIGH or BEST a 4x4 grid,

see here:
    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AS3LCR/F…ageQuality.html

but for rendering the pano itself NO "edge" anti-alias would be necessary (don't mixup with bitmap filtering!) because all "edges" of the internal triangles are connected, unfortunately there is no way in Flash to disable it, so I used the MEDIUM StageQuality as compromise between Quality and Performance,

if possible I would recommend to use bitmaps instead of vector graphics for best performance,
    but you could also set the stage quality to a higher level in your plugin,

e.g. set in your plugin:

Code
    stage.quality = StageQuality.BEST;

(I will add a display quality setting for StageQuality.BEST in the next release)

best regards,
    Klaus

• Salut Klaus,

Thanx for your answer and your explanation.
    I was looking for a solution since a long time. Didn't think of this parameter.

Code

So, thank you, It works !

But :

When i load a plugin in krpano which contains this as3 code :

Code

It doesn't work at all. My plugin is out (no buttons, no action).

But when i load a plugin (ex : main.swf) wich contains a button or an action which loads an other plugin (ex : 01.swf) containing

Code

it works, no problem, graphic display is ok, plugin works very well.

Do you know why ?

if possible I would recommend to use bitmaps instead of vector graphics for best performance,

It's weird, i've tried to use bitmap graphic and the result is worst. It a simple .gif file. It looks perfect in Flash, horrible in krpano. By the way, it works now with vector graphics.

(I will add a display quality setting for StageQuality. BEST in the next release)

Great !

Edited once, last by Vinyl (August 28, 2009 at 2:58 AM).

• Hi,

When i load a plugin in krpano which contains this as3 code :

Code

It doesn't work at all. My plugin is out (no buttons, no action).

when do you make this call?
    note - the plugin must wait for until it was added to the stage before it can access the stage object!
    e.g. do:

Code
    this.addEventListener(Event.ADDED_TO_STAGE, startplugin);
    function startplugin(evt:Event):void
    {
    }

It's weird, i've tried to use bitmap graphic and the result is worst. It a simple .gif file. It looks perfect in Flash, horrible in krpano. By the way, it works now with vector graphics.

do you scale the bitmap? disabled smoothing? pixel fitting?

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thank you Vinyl for bring up this issue... *thumbsup*

i do notice this also.. but didn't think off stage quality issue.. just thinking of the rendering issue that occur when flash10 mode turn off/on..

id just tried this new code... it works.. thank you Klaus... *thumbsup*

maybe all the textfield plugin (or other plugins) also have to set the best quality ever Klaus... just my opinion.. if this kind of setting do have effect into rendering performance better stay the current stage setting...

• Hi !

Thank you Vinyl for bring up this issue...

Yes !! Thanx Klaus for the answer ! I It's a really important thing to know *wink*

This as3 code is ok :

Code
    this.addEventListener(Event.ADDED_TO_STAGE, startplugin);
    function startplugin(evt:Event):void
    {
    }

do you scale the bitmap? disabled smoothing? pixel fitting?

Concerning the display of bitmaps, i will make a test soon.

• Hi,

maybe all the textfield plugin (or other plugins) also have to set the best quality ever Klaus... just my opinion.. if this kind of setting do have effect into rendering performance better stay the current stage setting...

not that wouldn't be good, the setting will be for the whole flashplayer,
    changing the setting for only a plugin or so is not possible!

e.g. when using flash9 the BEST(or HIGH) setting will be very slow compared to the LOW setting!
    I already implemented the BEST setting for the next release, when using only cubical faces and no fisheye/stereographic distortion then the rendering performance will be still okay,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

1)the quality drop in littleplanet view. i do reset to the normal view with flash10.on the quality drop as in littleplanet view..

right, with flash10 off - the "movequality" and "stillquality" settings are used, and if there are different the stage quality is changed on every move,

2)the stage.quality didnt work (quality drop) in littleplanet view..

yes, because of the continuing changing between move and stillquality,
    set both to HIGH and it should work,

maybe on your next release wont have this problems...

yes
    then "BEST" can be used for movequality(10) and stillquality(10),

best regards,
    Klaus

• Read and done,

but how do i make the panorama move nice and smooth again and why does the plugin reacts slower when the brouwser screen is bigger??

in xml i had a much better performance but you should expect that from as3/flash..

Tuur
    *thumbsup*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!