iOS support for HTML5 Full Screen

• Hello,

The Full Screen documentation says the following:

Zitat

Since version 1.0.8.15 build 2012-10-05, the krpano HTML5 viewer is also supporting the HTML5 Fullscreen API.
    With it and when the browser supports it (btw - iOS currently not),
    it is possible to switch to fullscreen mode also with HTML5.

I guess this was written 2 years an a half ago (2012) but what's the current situation regarding iOS supporting HTML5 Full Screen?
    According to my test, nothing has changed, but maybe I am missing something here?

I've crated the following test: Full Screen test
    I've only added the preview image, please don't worry if it looks blurry.

Tested on my iPad, the Full Screen button doesn't work in the tour embedded using an iframe (the one at the bottom).

My client only can embed tours using iframes. I hope I can give him good news or if not, a very good explanation why this feature is not supported by the almighty iOS.

Many thanks!

• Hi,

Apple currently doesn't WANT to support the HTML5 fullscreen API in iOS.

But there are no official statements from Apple so far I know, so you could only speculate why not. Technically there should be no reason of course.

As soon as Apple would add support for the HTML5 fullscreen API, it should automatically also start working in krpano.

Btw - in krpano you could (and should) check if fullscreen support is available - that's possible via the 'fullscreensupport' devices setting:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#available-devices

All krpano examples and templates should already have such check implemented.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!