openurl doesn't work in VR mode

• Hi I'm new to pano and VR. So please bear with my questions here.
    I'm upgrading the existing pano tour to be compatible with the Oculus Rift. Previously, without VR, hotspot links can be opened as external url links. But with VR enabled, the external links cannot be opened. Also with VR enabled, video can't be played. Any suggestion how to fix?

The current hotspot settings are like this. Non-VR mode works fine and can open the link.

<hotspot name="spot17" url="Museumdata/graphics/spots/spot0.png" rz="0.0" ry="0.0" rx="0.0" height="25" width="25" atv="11.1549" ath="179.24" distorted="true" onclick="openurl('AF/16_LastCatch.htm', _blank);"/>

<hotspot name="spot18" url="Museumdata/graphics/spots/spot0.png" rz="0.0" ry="0.0" rx="0.0" height="25" width="25" atv="10.6479" ath="156.946" distorted="true" onclick="openurl('AF/09_FantasyCreatures.htm', _blank);"/>

When VR cursor reaches on top of hotspot, the loading animation works well. Just that it won't open the external html link/video after that. I guess the problem is that opening an external url link in a new tab is equal to quitting the VR. That might be the reason why it won't work. Any alternative way to solve this problem?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!