tooltip "always visible" in hotspots for Android mobile devices

• Hi, I'm working on interactive map for android mobile, and I need that hotspots always show a tooltip. I tried this but it didn't work in android mobile:
    <hotspot name="spot1" style="hotspotmapa" ath="0.304" atv="-0.509" linkedscene="scene_capri01ext" onloaded="showtext('Hotel NH Capri';"/>

Then, how do I put an "always visible" text associated to a hotspot?

Thanks in advanced,

Fernando

• Use the textfield plugin instead, and then it will always be showing.

Hi, thanks, but the idea is to share the same hotspot code, no put other
    layer (with other code plus), I want "a trick", a "false tooltip"
    inside the hotspot code, maybe a function that it call the textfield.

I´am
    searching a very simple method for put text in android mobile map
    because I can´t use the normal tooltip: androide tactil don´t have real
    event as "on mouse hover", always is as "on mouse clicK". Then how to
    view the title of hotspot in map?

Which is the normal solution
    for this case? Is it really necesary to duplicate code for each hotspot
    for only put a simple title?

Thanks and greets!

Fernando

• I think solution for your problem is not so easy. There are two different solutions for you:

- simple one is that you use ondown event on the hotspot style that will show some text when user press (and hold) hotspot without releasing the touch from the screen.

- more complex solution is for you to make n:n number of dynamically added textfield plugins as many hotspots of that style you have. E.g. Each hotspot will onloaded create textfield plugin and copy title to this plugins and display text all the time.
    regards
    Umalo

• Thanks very much Umalo,

I think that the first idea can be a little confused for the average, no expert user (why I can´t navigate as always? How to navigate, How to view the text?...)

The second idea is showing all the textfield as I attempted in the beginning, but now I think that it is not good for the resource system. If the map has 30 o more hotspots, then now has 60 due to textfield (hotspot icons are similar in load to textfields)

Maybe the best is "to paint" the map (multires bitmap map) in photoshop with the text, then only put the correct icon over it. Is sounds very hard, but no much in the paractice.

The other idea is think in new event for the mobile, as gesture over the icon for show th text, but it is very complex for now I think.

Greets,

Fernando

• Thanks Klaus,

The code is perfect for hotspots mobile. I add the new style inside <krpano devices=mobile> to maintain the standard hotspot style for desktop devices.

It does not look like for the fact of having always the hotspot visible to affect the performance of the system.

Greets,

Fernando

• hi. i made a plugin that puts the hotspot's-name under every hotspot as a textfield automatically.
    like the tooltip is visible always an clickable if you want to.
    textfield can be edited of course.
    simple integration.
    works also in VR and smartphone, or touch devices.
    DEMO_TOUR_EXAMPLE
    would that help you? or do you need something else?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!