krpano 1.0.8 beta (Flash10, QTVR, Zoomify, Partials Panos, ...)

• I was JUST reading that page and totally missed it, thanks Graydon ! *squint*

UPDATE: just want the "Tab" key disabled really, I don't think most visitors will hit "9" or "0" by accident and if they did, it's not a big deal switching them between Flash 9 and Flash 10.

• is very important for partiAL sphere to have the possbility to set vfov. But not only with 1 parameter is important to have minvfov and maxvfov.
    in this way is possible to show correctly a partial pano in the sphere. in fact if i shot something under the horizont is important to set it in the sphere under
    the horizont so for example the horizont line of the sea will be display flat. If, as now is possible only to set a range of vertical the flat line if not shot at 0° will be distorted.
    thank you.

• perfect .(.. but there is not about that in documentation..)
    and for the preview? in this way the image is perfect place in the sphere, but if i set a startin point of view the preview don't follow the image so there is a switch.. i try to set same parametres in preview but it don't' run..
    *g*
    about the local security for the flash and javascript first i solved using a localhost and after i try again to set local security permission and
    now it run on all computers.. as in the documentation *thumbsup* .. but yerstaday i tried the some and it don't' want to run...but now is running.

thank you again for your fantastic player.

(there are some parameter that i found in .xml in the web not write in the documentation there is another advanced documentation? or some parameters are in developing??)

• Hi,

about the documentation - this is still a beta version,
    the only documentation about the new functions/parameters is here in this thread

but there a also lot of other news, when this version will be finished
    then the official documentation will be updated and I will include
    example for the new features,

btw - the partial previews are fixed in the next beta

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi, what do you mean with "streaming sound"?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, i just want to mean the context parameter of the Sound object.

There is a problem with the stop and play button in IE; the sound do not play at the beginning. But when you close and re-open the link the sound plays fine (with IE). When you run in Firefox browser there is no problem. At first i thought that about the context parameter is too long, and if we can assign the buffering data amount in XML it can be ok (the default value is 1 second)... But now i think this is not the problem. Here is the link of the panorama that i tried and the codes below:

Any sights?

• Sorry for the misunderstanding, i just want to mean the context parameter of the Sound object.

There is a problem with the stop and play button in IE; the sound do not play at the beginning. But when you close and re-open the link the sound plays fine (with IE). When you run in Firefox browser there is no problem. At first i thought that about the context parameter is too long, and if we can assign the buffering data amount in XML it can be ok (the default value is 1 second)... But now i think this is not the problem. Here is the link of the panorama that i tried and the codes below:

Any sights?

Hi,

the playsound() call in "onloaded" event of the "jukebox_play" plugin is not okay,
    this "onloaded" event is called when "jukebox_play.png" was loaded,
    but it is not guaranteed that the soundinterface.swf was already loaded,

to fix it just move the playsound() from the "jukebox_play" onloaded
    to the onloaded of the "soundinterface.swf",

e.g.

Code
    <plugin name="soundinterface" 
        url="../plugins/soundinterface.swf" 
        rootpath="library/sound/"
        onloaded="preloadsound(../sound/loop1.mp3);playsound(bg_music,loop1.mp3,0);"
        />

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

the playsound() call in "onloaded" event of the "jukebox_play" plugin is not okay,
    this "onloaded" event is called when "jukebox_play.png" was loaded,
    but it is not guaranteed that the soundinterface.swf was already loaded,

to fix it just move the playsound() from the "jukebox_play" onloaded
    to the onloaded of the "soundinterface.swf",

Yes i can understand it now. Thank you very much it works fine on my example.

BTW, tech support is very important and you really pay attention nearly every post and e-mails. I am glad to work with your API. *thumbup*

• hi Klaus,

I don't know how far you are along with the 1.08 release, but what do you say about integrating (at least experimentally in upcoming beta) some of the new projections that are floating around recently (panini, equirect etc)?

joergen

• why does the partial image stop when panning to the left and right in the demo? Shouldn't this be a loop (never-ending)? Like a QVR? It just abruptly stops.

Hi,

this partial image has only a horizontal field of view of 45 degree,
    that means the left and right edges are not connected,

when the horizontal field of view covers a range of 360 degree then it will be "loop"

best regards,
    Klaus

• I don't know how far you are along with the 1.08 release, but what do you say about integrating (at least experimentally in upcoming beta) some of the new projections that are floating around recently (panini, equirect etc)?

joergen

Hi,

new projections are currently not planned, there is still much other work left for the 1.0.8 version,
    maybe in a later version

best regards,
    Klaus

• Code
    if(condition, trueaction, falseaction);
    • condition
      • can be a single variable, e.g. if(fullscreen, trace(fullscreen mode), trace(window mode));
      • or a comparison of two variables, e.g. if(fullscreen == true, action(fullscreen) );
        • at the moment only "==" for equal and "!=" for not equal are possible

Hi Klaus,

This sounds fantastic! Just what I need. But I'm still at the beginning of the overall KRPano learning curve I'm afraid. How would I use this to see if the hlookat viewing angle was a particular value?

I've tried

Code
    if(hlookat == -179, xxx);

where xxx is the standard set of tween instructions to turn the view (from a delaycall event) but it just seems to prevent the tween from happening altogether, whatever value I test. (Even if I test for hlookat == hlookat, or do != instead of ==, or use view.hlookat).

Thanks! I apologise for whatever dumb mistakes I've made - I'm really looking forward to grokking KRPano scripting.

Keith

• Hi,

I've tried

Code
    if(hlookat == -179, xxx);

where xxx is the standard set of tween instructions to turn the view (from a delaycall event) but it just seems to prevent the tween from happening altogether, whatever value I test. (Even if I test for hlookat == hlookat, or do != instead of ==, or use view.hlookat).

checking the hlookat value with == will be difficult, because in the most cases
    hlookat will not be exact -179, even more "-179.464564" for example
    to check it you need to use "view.hlookat",

the next beta version (beta 6) has also ">" and ">=" compare operators,
    only using "<" or "<=" is unfortunately not possible because of the XML format
    (using "<" without a ">" will be a XML syntax error, but using only ">" is possible)
    but a "<" compare can be also done with a ">" with swapped values.

but what do you want to do?
    maybe there is also a other solution for it?

• Hi Klaus,

What I want to do is have the pano do a brief one-off movement a few seconds after it loads, so that visitors don't think it is a still photo. (I don't want to use autorotate because some people just sit back and watch.) But if someone has already begun to interact with the pano I don't want that scripted movement to happen.

I used delayedcall in the onload event, calling an action with a set of tweens - duplicated from the code in one of the examples, ending with lookto(-95,0,70, smooth(50,-70,70););

First I wondered whether there was some kind of flushevents call that could interrupt operations and cancel all pending events. Then Graydon mentioned the new IF feature. This seemed like a workable solution (IF the horizontal and/or vertical viewpoint has not changed THEN play the tweened view change) but I'm still learning the basics. *sad*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!