krpano 1.0.8 beta (Flash10, QTVR, Zoomify, Partials Panos, ...)

• And I have this line in the pano

this looks very much like a memory/flashplayer bug,
    that's nothing what can happen from actionscript coding itself...

EDIT: forgot what I wrote
    I can reproduce this bug now, it was because of the not finished multiresolution loading / memory managment code in this version. but there is also a bug in the flashplayer! it shouldn't crash in such situation.
    it will be fixed in the final version anyway!

• Klaus,

Any particular reason / benefit of using the resize function as you did in the demos... vs just structuring two divs... one for the text at top and then one for the pano?

no, there is no particular reason, I just wanted to have the div element of the pano 80% height and centered,
    and doing this with html/css is not easy (or maybe impossible?)
    with javascript it's very simple, and javascript is needed anyway

• the cylindrical / partial panos work correct,
    the "hfov" value defines the field of view that the input image covers,

if the image is spherical or cylindrical depends on the output settings in your stitcher!

e.g. open this pano:
    https://krpano.com/108beta/partialpano_example.html

and change with the editor plugin in the xml this settings:

<view ... limitview="off"

and

<image ... hfov="90" ...

then the image covers a field of view of 90 degrees, and the viewing isn't limited anymore to the image area,
    when you zoom out now you can better see the pano distortion

here is a screenshot:

best regards,
    Klaus

• this looks very much like a memory/flashplayer bug,
    that's nothing what can happen from actionscript coding itself...

EDIT: forgot what I wrote
    I can reproduce this bug now, it was because of the not finished multiresolution loading / memory managment code in this version. but there is also a bug in the flashplayer! it shouldn't crash in such situation.
    it will be fixed in the final version anyway!

Oki, thank you for your test, I hope for the final version :thumbsup:

Oki, thank you for your test, I hope for the final version :thumbsup:

Hi, I have analysed the problem now very detailed:

- you have a image with a width of 12068 and a tilesize of 1097
    - this are 11 tiles with a width of 1097 and one tile with 1 pixel width (this is a bad calculation from the kmakemultires tool)
    - and this 1 pixel width tile lets the flashplayer crash (a flashplayer bug! only flashplayer 10!)

a quick solution is to change the width in the xml to 12067, then this 1 pixel tile is skipped.

but I also fixed it now! (see the first post - I uploaded a new beta version - "beta2"),
    when a image is only 1 pixel width, it is now upscaled to 8 pixel internally before using.
    then the flashplayer doesn't crash anymore.

• Hi Klaus,

Nice work, and great update frequency. I've tested the player on my mac (mac mini 1.6 core2duo, macos x 10.5.5, flash 10), and works without problems so far although I've got a feeling that the tiles loading process while viewing a multirez pano consumes more cpu power causing the pano rotation to 'hickup'.

I've got one question, is it possible to make two sets of settings (one for flash 10 and one for flash 9) in one xml? An example... For flash 10 users I would prefer details = 1, fisheye = 0, for flash 9 users I would prefer details = >16, fisheye = 0,35.

It's probably already in your unpublished 'beta' documentation but not yet online.

Posted a 1.08ß test pano online at http://www.ronaldtichelaar.nl/forDrSlony/sharpened/ , It's a mulirez pano with the opions plugin for testing.

Thanks again,

Ronald

• Found another 'small' error in extreme conditions shown in the image below...

When setting "architectural = 1 and arch. only mid. = true" then move to the extreme top or bottom of the pano and zoom in, some faces are displayed as black. I haven't tried this in previous versions but came across it when I tested the 1.08beta player.

Best,

Ronald

• Hi,

Nice work, and great update frequency. I've tested the player on my mac (mac mini 1.6 core2duo, macos x 10.5.5, flash 10), and works without problems so far although I've got a feeling that the tiles loading process while viewing a multirez pano consumes more cpu power causing the pano rotation to 'hickup'.

I don't recommend using this current beta for multiresolution panoramas, the internal code for checking the loading state and deciding which levels needed to be rendered is not finished yet, I some cases it renders more levels then currently needed, this slows it down unnecessarily.

I've got one question, is it possible to make two sets of settings (one for flash 10 and one for flash 9) in one xml? An example... For flash 10 users I would prefer details = 1, fisheye = 0, for flash 9 users I would prefer details = >16, fisheye = 0,35.

I thinking about such an options, an differnt fisheye setting for flash9 and flash10 is an interesting idea?
    one note - when fisheye is 0, then the details are automatically 1 in cubical panos.

• Found another 'small' error in extreme conditions shown in the image below...

When setting "architectural = 1 and arch. only mid. = true" then move to the extreme top or bottom of the pano and zoom in, some faces are displayed as black. I haven't tried this in previous versions but came across it when I tested the 1.08beta player.
    Best,

Ronald

Hi, this is fixed now - download the new beta3 from the first page

• Hey Klaus,

combobox.swf is missing from the new zip files in the plugin folder. Please update. Thanks man! :thumbup:

soon, I have currently no Flash CS3 installed...

if you have it, you can open the combobox.fla an change this line:

Code
    if ( krpano.get("version") != "1.0.7" )

to this:

Code
    if ( krpano.get("version") < "1.0.7" )

then the combobox works in 1.0.7 and all higher versions.

I'm thinking about to write a own combobox control for the final 1.0.8,
    the Flash CS3 Combobox is not very versatile and suitalbe...

best regards,
    Klaus

• Great job on the new updates and coming out so quick too! Thanks Klaus... :thumbsup:

On the sound plugin...could you provide more code? I tried loading just one sound file for the whole tour and nothing came up.

Thanks again and I look forward to the future for krpano.

• Klaus...I do have CS3 and opened the combobox.fla and didn't find the code you were referring to for the version upgrade. :huh:

Could you send a new combobox.swf?

Thanks.

ceeby

• A small issue but...

1.07 was 67KB...1.08 is 97KB...1.09 will be...? Believe it or not, there are still people surfing with dialup connections. Here in the U.S. it is 1 in 10. For them, every kilobyte counts.

Immervision came up with an interesting solution: PureProfiler. With it you could select the options you needed and it created an optimized applet. Of course, Pureplayer was Java and krpano is Flash, but is it possible to do something similar?

• A small issue but...

1.07 was 67KB...1.08 is 97KB...1.09 will be...? Believe it or not, there are still people surfing with dialup connections. Here in the U.S. it is 1 in 10. For them, every kilobyte counts.

Immervision came up with an interesting solution: PureProfiler. With it you could select the options you needed and it created an optimized applet. Of course, Pureplayer was Java and krpano is Flash, but is it possible to do something similar?

haha, you're right! I don't like the big swf sizes too
    but I'm trying really everything to keep the code small (but compared to functionality and the lines of code, at the moment ~33500, the swf is still small ). the biggest size increase in this version was the flash10 renderer (+20kb). the final version should be (maybe) a little bit smaller.

stripped down versions would be possible...
    things that could be stripped theoretical:
    - actions/events (~10kb)
    - plugin/hotspots (~20kb)
    - lensflares (~3kb)
    - qtvr (~7kb)
    - flash 9 or 10 renderer (each ~20kb)

which feature combinations would be realistic?
    (e.g. plugin/hotspots without actions/events don't make sense)

but is that really that important?
    the pano itself is in the most cases much bigger?

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello,

there is a new beta - beta 4

- now there is a new combobox.swf for the 1.0.8 version included
    - and there is a new action - a IF action

syntax:

Code
    if(condition, trueaction, falseaction);
    • condition
      • can be a single variable, e.g. if(fullscreen, trace(fullscreen mode), trace(window mode));
      • or a comparison of two variables, e.g. if(fullscreen == true, action(fullscreen) );
        • at the moment only "==" for equal and "!=" for not equal are possible
    • trueaction
      • the action that is executed if the condition is true
    • falseaction (optional)

• the action that is executed if the condition is false

best regards,
    Klaus

• but is that really that important?
    the pano itself is in the most cases much bigger?

You're right, it's not that important for broadband users, but I have been producing virtual tours for both broadband and dialup users. The dialup tours use a small image - under 150KB usually. What I would like is a stripped down SWF that only displays 4 sides of a cube and pans only left/right. No zooming, no hotspots, no options, no nothing. A teeny little Yugo for dialup users. Broadband users get the Mercedes Benz. :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!