Delay with many JS get() actions on Flash Player

• I've a plugin which make loops (for instance 50 loops) and into each loop make many JS krpano.get() (for instance 12 get actions) to grab some options.

On HTML5 player the delay is good, but with Flash player the player is waiting during many seconds. And if too many loops I can reach the Flash script timeout.

Is it a known issue between JS and Flash for many data ?

So the only solution found at this time will be to probably redesign the plugin to generate data into a json file to make something powerful and quickly.

Note : each get is done on this kind of string : plugin["+ID+"].myItems[0].myItem["+value1+"].spot["+value2+"].scene

• Hi,

form krpano side itself there is no known issue or performance problem...

The JS <=> Flash communication is done via the ExternalInterface API of the Flashplayer (btw - the only API that makes that possible)- and due the case that the Browser and the Flashplayer are typically two different processes in modern browsers, it can be surely the case that this interface isn't very fast. Additionally the transfered data will be typically serialized to strings and de-serialized and this also takes time. Improving the performance here could be only done by the browser and Flashplayer developers.

Btw - I would say it's better to work either fully in Flash or fully in HTML5 - mixing both environments isn't the best idea. When the browser/system is HTML5 capable then everything will be fine, but when NOT - which typically means no GPU acceleration, slower and/or older system/browser - then it' should be better to skip the browser and do everything in directly Flash to get the best available performance. The whole krpano system itself (viewer+plugins+examples) also works that way.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!