Videoplayer doesn't work on Tablets?

• Hey there,

Im making a historical, virtual tour through a small city, including self made videos of the city.

The point im really suffering at is that my videos dont work on (android)tablet no matter what format. I tried .mp4(doesnt work obviously) but also m4v/ogv/webm. The video doesnt load properly as it seems.
    On Desktop they work on every format, just like it should. Video size is between 2-6 MB.

Even tried it 2 ways, not sure which one is better though. Maybe you can tell me?
    <plugin name="video1"
    url="plugins/videoplayer.js"
    videourl="videos/luft.webm"
    align="center" x="0" y="0"
    pausedonstart="false"
    volume="1.0"
    buffertime="0.1"
    updateeveryframe="false"
    onvideocomplete="removeplugin(video1)"
    />
    Getting an error "ERROR: videos/luft.webm - loading video failed.
    <hotspot name="video_muehle" url="play2.png" ath="32" atv="-5" distorted="true" scale="0.5" pausedonstart="true" volume="1.0"
    onclick="looktohotspot(get(name),get(view.fov)); videoplayer_open(videos/muehle_tablet.webm)"/>
    Videoplayer seems to open but no video gets loaded, no error too..waited around 10 minutes just in case it was because of the file size

By the way, im using free trial version of krpano,app created with Phonegapp.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jochen (8. Januar 2015 um 20:15)

• added the posterrurl now, video pops up, the jpg shows up, after klicking on the jpg an error occures.

loading video failed!

Anyone knows how to solve this?

edit: iphone/ipad simulator tested - works just as it should.

do i maybe have to buy krpano to make it work?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jochen (8. Januar 2015 um 20:16)

• Hi,

I could think only about those possibilities:

1. either the path is wrong
    2. or the server (or 'Phonegapp' in your case) doesn't serve/provide the file correctly
    3. there are access limitations - so far I know there are some limitations in the Android WebView when trying to load local video files
    4. or the video isn't device compatible

After a quick Google search about html5 video and Phonegapp I would say Phonegapp is the reason - e.g.:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1900…991200_20660189

Try using a localhost server and serve the videos this way in your app.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• thanks for the reply, but apparently i dont know what you mean by using localhost or how to do it this way.

only possibility i can think of is including them as youtube videos but i actually wanted this app to be standalone and as much offline as possible

• alright I've tried the whole day to solve this.

1. most of the solutions of your google-try deal with the problem but not with a useful solution since they include another videoplayer plugin for phonegap. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I can use that or is it possible to use that inside krpano "VideoPlayer.play("http://path.to.my/video.mp4");"?

2. To call a localhost I probably need a portnumber which I don't know(tried localhost:8090), moreover I'd need a filepath which i can't find out either. Im on something like http://localhost:8090/device storage/android/data/com.phonegap.myapp/video.webm

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!