iOS Simulator problem with Cross Origin requests

• I test web pages locally for display on iOS devices using XCode's iOS Simulator. I upgraded XCode to 6.1.1 (latest) and when testing with iOS 8.1 in the simulator I now get the error:

XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///Volumes/Data%20(G)/QTVR/.../files/tour.xml. Cross origin requests are only supported for HTTP.

This does not happen when testing with iOS 7.1 nor did it happen with XCode 6 and iOS 8. Obviously it isn't a KRPano issue. The same thing happens with Pano2VR. It doesn't happen when viewing the same content on the web. It is as if XCode has a local web server that broke in the latest release. But if that were so there would be lots of complaints. I don't see mention of this on the web.

Other than uploading the content to a server is there a way to resolve this?

On a related note, am I wrong in assuming that the iOS simulator should be a more accurate preview than KRPano's own iphone-ipad-simulator? Does anyone else use the iOS Simulator???

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!