Problem with tween(...) in Firefox on Android?

• I am using the following code to display a 'Welcome' dialog when a tour opens. The code is called by a delayedcall(...) a few seconds after loading the tour, and the dialog closes after a further 10 seconds via the action 'hidewelcome()' -

<!-- show the welcome panel -->
    <action name="showwelcome">
    set(layer[welcomebox].enabled,true);
    tween(layer[welcomebox].alpha,0.96);
    delayedcall(10,hidewelcome());

</action>
    <action name="showwelcome" devices="android.and.firefox">
    set(layer[welcomebox].enabled,true);
    set(layer[welcomebox].alpha,0.96);
    delayedcall(10,hidewelcome());
    </action>

I am finding that in this example 'tween(...)' does not work correctly in Firefox on my Android device (the new Hudl2 from Tesco, running KitKat), so in the second instance of this action I am detecting this combination and using 'set(...)' instead, which works fine. With 'tween(...)' there appears to be no tweening and the alpha is set to 0.96 immediately the action runs, but during the tweening period the dialog is out of position on the screen, jumping to the correct position at the end of the tweening period.

Everything works fine on my MacBook in both Safari and Firefox, and on my iPad, and in Chrome and Opera on the Hudl2 - it is only in Firefox in Android that it misbehaves. The krpano version is 1.18.

Anyone have any thoughts, please?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!