VR Object cache or preload frames issues

• I've noticed a couple issues when viewing a VR Object:

1) By default, apparently, only the currently displayed frame is downloaded. That means for every step / frame you always see the low res version and it only clears up after the level tiles are downloaded and "decoded." On a slower connection you may not see the full res frame before moving to the next frame. Once the frame has been downloaded it is in cache and "decoded" and immediately displays in full resolution.

Is there an easy way to preload frames to avoid this?

2) If you leave the VR Object then come back all tiles are in cache so you avoid the download but they still appear in low res then resolve to full res. Why not pre-decode each frame so it will immediately appear in full res same as it does after each frame has displayed once (after one full turn if you don't move too quickly)?

For example: Belvedere. Wait a few seconds (time when frames could be downloading) and it will start to autorotate. Even on a fast connection you aren't likely to download all of each frame before moving to the next. It may take several turns before everything is in cache and decoded and looks the way it should.

It seems this could be modified for a much better user experience.

Could someone enlighten me, please?

• Set your images to be the url of a plugin and load the next image with the onloaded event.
    When everything is loaded, display the first frame of your 360 object.
    I don't know anything about the native krpano object flash only stuff. But you can replicate it all just using regular plugins so that it works on ipad too with complete functionality.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!