Device to create panoramic 360

• Hello,

I already have created a vtour using flat image using an iphone panoramic photos, but it's not a 360°.

Now I would like to create a 360° virtual tour. I gave a look to some device that could help me getting spherical pictures, and I've found motrr galileo.

Before buying such a device I would like to know if the images I will get from it are suitable with krpano, and in that case wich kind of pano I should create.

Do I have first use Convert SPHERE to CUBE droplet.bat?

Or can I go straight to MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet.bat or MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet.bat with the pictures as they are?

Still confused... *confused*

Thanks for your help

• Hi,

for typical virtual tours I would recommend a DSLR or DSLR-like mirror-less camera plus a fisheye plus a pano head for shooting the images. Shoot manually in RAW, process the images (CA-correction, lightning, denoise) and then put the processed images into a pano stitcher like Autopano, Hugin or PTGUI to make the pano image itself. Once you have then pano images, you could drop them to krpano.

Do I have first use Convert SPHERE to CUBE droplet.bat?

Or can I go straight to MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet.bat or MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet.bat with the pictures as they are?

You could drop your images directly on the MAKE VTOUR droplets.

The convert droplets could be used if you want to edit the cube face images before, dropping directly the cube faces is also possible.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!