No sound and issue with Youtube Video

• I am using a background sound in my tour and I call it like this

<action name="startup">
    if(startscene === null, copy(startscene,scene[0].name));
    loadscene(get(startscene), null, MERGE);
    playsound(bgsnd, '%SWFPATH%/music/corporateday.mp3', 0);
    set(sound[bgsnd].volume, 0.05);
    </action>

It works fine on my IPad using the safari browser.
    If I use safari to add the link to home screen and then click on the link on the IPad, the sound does not work and the YouTube video in 1.18 does not allow me to click the red button to play the video.

Running 1.18
    IPad 4th Gen 128 running latest IOS 8.1

Can someone verify this please.
    Thank you

• Thanks for your reply but the same thing is happening with the link you sent me.

1. It works if I enter that url in the Safari browser.
    2. In Safari if I click on the icon (rectangle with the arrow on top) and choose "Add to Home Screen".
    That creates on icon to the url on my IPad, if I click that icon, the tours comes up but I am not able to click the red button to view the video after the YouTube screen comes up.

Please try the steps I mentioned above.

Thanks for your response though

• Thanks for pointing out this crazy behaviour in iOS 8, wasted several hours on this inexplicable behaviour.
    I have a button activated sound file which works normally via the URL. With a home screen button it does not play and then crashes the browser.

1. It works if I enter that url in the Safari browser.
    2. In Safari if I click on the icon (rectangle with the arrow on top) and choose "Add to Home Screen".
    That creates on icon to the url on my IPad, if I click that icon, the tours comes up but I am not able to click the red button to view the video after the YouTube screen comes up.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!