zoom blend photograph - horible performance

• Hello,

I tried a rather snazzy effect as an introduction to zoom blend a photograph (satalite image) by tweening a plugin. It seems it is too big a process for this computer and the whole thing ran very slowly and didn't really work.

Is there a way of reducing the processor requirement for such a thing, as zoomblend is fine between panos, but doesn't work with a photo?

• Hi,

do you tween (resize) the googlemaps plugin?
    the googlemaps flash component is very slow at resizing that's true...

if not - how large is the image?
    the larger, the more memory the cpu must process, the slower it is...

best regards,
    Klaus

• I've got it working better with a smaller image, I think 600x300.

I've getting a strange occurance th0. I'm using it on the little planet intro -

Code
    <action name="lp_intro">
    set(plugin[logo].visible,true);
    loadscene(%1);
    set(backup_hlookat,0);set(backup_vlookat,0);set(backup_fov,0);copy(backup_hlookat,view.hlookat);copy(backup_vlookat,view.vlookat);copy(backup_fov,view.fov);copy(backup_camroll,view.camroll);copy(backup_fovmin,view.fovmin);copy(backup_fovmax,view.fovmax);copy(backup_maxpixelzoom,view.maxpixelzoom);copy(backup_fisheye,view.fisheye);copy(backup_fisheyefovlink,view.fisheyefovlink);copy(backup_architectural,view.architectural);copy(backup_details,display.details);set(view.stereographic,true);set(view.fisheye,1);set(view.architectural,0);set(view.fov,150);set(view.fovmax,150);set(view.hlookat,130);set(view.vlookat,72);set(display.flash10,off); set(display.details,14);set(events.onloadcomplete,delayedcall(0.7,normalview()));</action>
    <action name="normalview" >
    tween(plugin[logo].alpha,0.1,1,WAIT);
    tween(view.hlookat, get(backup_hlookat), 0.7, easeInOutQuad );tween(view.vlookat, get(backup_vlookat), 0.7, easeInOutQuad );tween(view.fov,     get(backup_fov), 0.7, easeInOutQuad );tween(view.fisheye, get(backup_fisheye), 0.7, easeInOutQuad);tween(view.architectural, get(backup_architectural), 0.7, easeInOutQuad, WAIT);set(view.fovmin,get(backup_fovmin));set(view.fovmax,get(backup_fovmax));set(display.flash10,on);set(display.details,get(backup_details));set(display.movequality10,LOW);set(display.stillquality10,HIGHSHARP);
    tween(plugin[logo].alpha,0,0.2);
    </action>

This works really well.

However sometimes on random hotspots, when the new image loads there is a trace of the logo. Now the logo should be 0 alpha at all times after the intro has ran it's course, but it pops up a little in places. This only occurs after changing scenes.

Also on some browsers the little planet view starts to load before the logo is showing, which it shouldn't do because the scene is called after the logo plugin. Any idea how I can stop that happening?

• Hi,

However sometimes on random hotspots, when the new image loads there is a trace of the logo. Now the logo should be 0 alpha at all times after the intro has ran it's course, but it pops up a little in places. This only occurs after changing scenes.

sorry, I'm not sure what you mean???

Also on some browsers the little planet view starts to load before the logo is showing, which it shouldn't do because the scene is called after the logo plugin. Any idea how I can stop that happening?

to wait with the executing of the following actions until the loading was done you could use - wait(LOAD) - or - wait(BLEND),

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!