Krpano 1.18 : Unespected video hotspot size on mobile device

• 1) I've a video hotspot which is correctly displayed on desktop and ipad iOS7 / iOS8 but not on iPhone 5 iOS7 or Nexus 5 with the Chrome Mobile Device Test Interface.

The video is resized as "1/4" size on topleft corner of the video but to activate it the touch point is centered on the bottom right corner of the video.

This is the code used :

2) on iPad with iOS8 I can see the transparent CSS rule behind the video but not on iOS device with iOS7 installed which have the black borders on top and bottom. Is it normal ?

3) the video_poster.jpg frame is same size as the mp4 video. The poster is displayed on true distored spot positions topleft to bottomright corner on desktop and ipad but video once played has a height a little different.

• Tested with
    - iOS 8 iPad 3 : transparent css + height change on poster remove due to transparent borders on height
    - iOS 7.1.2 iPad mini (not retina) : black css + height change on poster remove due to black borders on height
    - iOS 7.1.2 iPhone 5 : black css + height change on poster remove due to black borders on height

Sample sent on your mail by wetransfert service.

• With the new videoplayer.js file I've many difficulties to play the video onclick. I cannot start it on my iPhone 5.
    And also i can't drag panorama when i touch the video with capture="false" (can drag on iPad).

But the size is corrected :)

• For points 2 and 3 you're right when I apply a ratio 2:1 to the poster file it's ok.

For the corrected videoplayer.js on iPhone 5 (model MD297F/A) with iOS 7.1.2 (11D257) + Safari 7.0, I confirm that I can't drag the panorama even with the bgcapture="false" attribute and I can't reach the onclick event on the whole poster.

In fact to launch video the Apple play picture (which is hidden when poster is here) is the only way and it can be very very small on big video files as the video into the sample !

And when I success to launch it one time, the onclick="togglepause();trace("here");" doesn't display the trace ! Perhaps due to the fullscreen video ?

So I've tried with a lower size mp4 video (368x368 / 2.20 Mo) and it doesn't works well too. Only the touch on the Apple play icon launch the video, but icon is bigger, so it's more easy.

Same on Chrome App.

• Hi,

okay, I can confirm this, but this seems to be an iOS 7 bug/issue/limitation.
    It's not related to krpano version 1.18 - version 1.17 and 1.16 are behaving the the same.

iOS 7 seems internally to layer the video on top and to capture and handle everything by itself...
    In iOS 8 this is working fine (time to upgrade )

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!