Can't get the license to work on my domain.

• Hello everyone,

I am quite new to this forum, just purchased KRpano about an hour ago and asked to have my domain http://www.stefanzander.com registered.

I am following the instructions and trying to get a pano up and going on the website but I am having trouble with the license.

I loaded a panoramic image to one of the example html and added the .license file. The pano runs without the "demo logo" on my local folder. But when I upload it I get a license error message and am directed back to krpano website.

http://www.stefanzander.com/pano/vr/fullscreen1.html

According to my hosts wiki ( http://wiki.dreamhost.com/MIME_Types#Add…_own_MIME_types )
    they should be able to recognize the required MIME type "application/octet-stream".

I have also tried renaming the license file to license.xml, and edited the HTML to link that file. Again I am able to run the pano on my local folder without any "demo" messages. But when I upload it I get the same license error message.I am stuck now and don't know what else to try. Can anyone offer any help and suggestions?Any help is greatly appreciated.Regards,

Stefan

http://www.stefanzander.com

• the license file name has to be the same as the swf. if you left krpano.swf with the default name the other file must be krpano.license. they should reside in the same folder at the same level.

somehow you have to verify your isp hosting. jsut becuase a tech says it can recognze it doesnt mean it really can.

• Hello,

I guess I have to write in english here.
    I'm developping a website for a client who purchased the license for 2 domains
    I've placed the files (swf and xml) and images folder in the same directory.
    I've tried to rename the krpano.license to license.xml and added ?license=license.xml in the html code that calls the swf
    I've also changed the CHMOD on this file

But I still get an error with no more details than : "LICENSE ERROR".

Is there a way to get a new license that works or what is it I should do to get it work.

Thank you for your help

*cry*

• Thank you Jarredja for your answer but I don't get it
    I downloaded the kprotect tool

If I open the tool it says it can't find krpano.swf nor krpano.license, but there here.
    And When I try to export it says that the file krpano.swf not found check the setup tab, but the file is there in the same directory
    There is not much of my hair left on my head now...

Thank you for your help

Edited 2 times, last by BYP (September 23, 2009 at 7:59 PM).

• 1. Locate and open the kprotect.exe file in the krpanotools.

2. Click Run.

Tie it to your domain using these steps.

Notice three tabs at the top: Protect, Embed/encrypt, setup

3. choose protect(if it is not already chosen)

4.Protect mode ---> Domain limited
    5.Disable External Parameters ---> unchecked
    6.Disable Javascript Interface ---> unchecked
    7.Disable local / ofline Usage ---> checked (if you do not need to use the generated swf file locally)
    8.Add Domain ----> yourdomain.com (To make the generated swf file only usable from that domain)

9.Click the "Generate protected file"
    10.Save the file in place of your .swf file in your tour.

I keep it krpano.swf (your call) If you change it, you have to correct it in the html and possibly other places. I always leave it krpano.swf

Note:These directions are basically Michel and my comments together.

Hope this helps.

• Sorry, I was in a hurry when I typed up the original instructions and forgot to mention actually installing the files into the kprotect. I had done the setup back in June when the latest release came out and it slipped my mind as I typed the instructions.

Setting Up Kprotect

1.Click on the Setup Tab.

A.There is a blank calling for the [Path to the "krpano.swf" ] Click browse and direct the program to the krpano.swf from your most current download. After that, click install.

B. There is a blank calling for [Path to the krpanotools.license] Click browse and direct the program to the krpanotools.license from your unzipped license package. After that, Click install.

C. There is a blank calling for [Path to the Domain or Unlimited Domain krpano.license] Click browse and direct the program to the krpano.license from your unzipped license package. After that, Click install.

D. There is a blank calling for [Path to the krpanobrandingfree.license] Click browse and direct the program to the krpanobrandingfree.license from your unzipped license package(If you purchased it). After that, Click install. If you did not purchase it, do nothing here.

The above steps should not need to be done more than once UNLESS you upgrade to a new version. Such as when Klaus turns loose with 1.0.08 B9 or any future upgrades. At that point you will have to reinstall the krpano.swf into kprotect.

Now if you have not yet entered the info into the protect tab, here is the information to do so. If you have already completed filling out the protect tab just skip steps 1-8 and continue to step 9.

Protecting your License

Tie it to your domain using these steps.

Notice three tabs at the top: Protect, Embed/encrypt, setup

1. choose the Protect Tab

2.Protect mode ---> Domain limited
    3.Disable External Parameters ---> unchecked
    4.Disable Javascript Interface ---> unchecked
    5.Disable local / ofline Usage ---> checked (if you do not need to use the generated swf file locally)
    6.Add Domain ----> yourdomain.com (To make the generated swf file only usable from that domain)

7.Click the "Generate protected file"
    8.Save the file in place of your .swf file in your tour.

I keep it krpano.swf (your call) If you change it, you have to correct it in the html and possibly other places. I always leave it krpano.swf

Note:These directions are basically Michel and my comments together.

Edited 2 times, last by Jarredja (September 28, 2009 at 9:57 PM).

• Hello

I did A & C as I don't have krpanotools.license nor krpanobrandingfree.license
    I can now generate the protected file but get a alert message : WARNING Licenses not found - DEMO MODE

How is that ?

Thank you again for your help

Matt

• Hi,

But I still get an error with no more details than : "LICENSE ERROR".

can you show a link to the not working example? (via mail or pm is also possible if you don't want to made it public)
    if the domains are the same like the registered ones it should work normally...

I did A & C as I don't have krpanotools.license nor krpanobrandingfree.license
    I can now generate the protected file but get a alert message : WARNING Licenses not found - DEMO MODE

How is that ?

kprotect is a TOOL and requires a tools license
    (the branding free license is optional and not required)

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi BYP,

This WARNING comes because of the missing krpanotools.license. So, Kprotect is working in DEMO MODE. You must purchase a krpanotools.license to get out the DEMO MODE.

note: Perhaps you can find more advantageous to buy an unlimited-domain-license. (Krpano viewer without limited domain use + Full Krpanotools)

note: Krpano.swf + Krpano.license have to work normally if they are installed correctly and if the license correspond to the domain where they are installed... THERE IS NO NEED to use Kprotect to make them to work *attention* Using Kprotect, you make save your license to be used by others and you make a little easier the installation because you get only one file to be installed (between other things)

About how to install each license files:

Salut.

Edited: sorry.... I just see that KLAUS have respond to your request... *rolleyes*

• Ok I received the krpanotools license and repeated the install proccess.

It seems to work fine now on the export.
    But still, when I upload the swf file, the error license message is still here

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!