Possible to split scenes into two xml files?

• Hi,

I have a tour of Museum and there are 60 scenes in tour.xml and is 90kb in file size. I know 60 scenes isn’t massive but when you add in code for hotspots and scrolling text windows for each then the page gets a little lengthy.

Is there a way that I can break up the scenes into two xml files so each one has just 30, perhaps using includes? I’m trying to work it out but can’t seem to do it. Would like to do this because it would make future code changes a lot easier as the Museum is split into two halls anyway.

I already have the following 4 includes on my tour.xml but have never had to separate scenes

<include url="%CURRENTXML%/plugins/automap/automap.xml"/>
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/settings.xml" />
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/swfaddress.xml" />
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/skin/default/layout.xml" devices="all" />

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Andrew

• Thanks for the reply Sacha,

I've never had to go over 100kb before so not really sure about load times etc. The file will be encrypted when finished so perhaps that's compression?

I guess one thing I thought of after posting was that it would also be good to cut down on the amount of thumbnails shown as 60 looks quite intimidating and this tour will eventually get to 90 - 100. I've seen tours before with that amount and more thumbs and it kind of puts me off. Too much of a good thing.

Zitat

or have one scene load an xml to another hall.

I'd have to create a new tour2.html with tour2.xml (containing 30 scenes) and add the same 4 includes as the original tour.xml? Or is there another way to load another xml file from a scene and skip having to create a new html file?

There's also Andrey's wonderful scrolling map to navigate with so they may even decide just to hide the thumbnails *wink*

• My largest compressed xml is 90k with 119 scenes.

Encryption is not compression.
    Many thumbnails are ok as long as mousefollow isn't used. Mousefollow turns ugly quick when you use more than 25 or or scenes.

Use loadpano to load new xmls without changing html

https://krpano.com/docu/actions/#loadpano

• Hi,

just as note - since version 1.17 the krpano encryption tool additionally also provides a xml compression (only together with encryption) - this can make xml files significantly smaller (and the decrypting and decompression is also very fast).

But there is still one basic rule for today web connections - fewer larger files are loading faster than many smaller files. There is a overhead for each new file loading connection and for smaller files this overhead can be larger than the file transfer itself.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!