Straight line problem in VR

• I have dragged the same equirectangular image to below 2 droplet.
    MAKE MULTIRES PANO droplet.bat
    SPHERE to CUBE MULTIRES droplet.bat

I found the VR result in problematic straight line in MAKE MULTIRES PANO droplet.bat while no problem in SPHERE to CUBE MULTIRES droplet.bat... do you have same problem?

all striaght

• add some detail settings, turn flash 10 on. adjust the tessmode. enable the options plugin and start tweaking the settings. paste this in there then check again

<display fps="30"
    details="32"
    tessmode="3"
    movequality="low"
    stillquality="HIGHSHARP"
    flash10="on"
    movequality10="low"
    stillquality10="HIGHSHARP"
    stilltime="0.25"

/>

• Hi VN!
    thanks, problem solved!
    I found the major problem was caused by "details"

1) From the doc I found, details in display is set to 16 by default. Was it because of my equirectangular image not good enough? (but I saw straight line in my equirectangular image)
    2) would everybody face the same problem when they don't add "details=32" into it after using "MAKE MULTIRES PANO droplet.bat"?
    3) I didn't find "details" in the xml genertated by "SPHERE to CUBE MULTIRES droplet.bat", but it still didn't result in wave-distortions-effects, does this droplet add other similar attribtue in xml as "details"?

Thanks!!

Edited once, last by eddiejoker (August 2, 2009 at 4:23 AM).

• Hi Jarredja,
    Thanks very much!!

do you know if cubical pano is more precise than spherical pano?
    I'm finding the adv and disadv between the 2, but cannot find a good comparison yet... thanks.

eddie

Edited once, last by eddiejoker (August 3, 2009 at 1:10 PM).

• Hi,

yes, cubical is better (especially with Flash10),

a cubical pano is has only "linear" flat elements, and that can be drawn without any loss (with Flash10),
    but a spherical pano has a "curved" surface, which can only be approximated (higher "details" = more accurate but also slower)

press the TAB key in the viewer to view how the pano surface is internally organized,

here is quick comparison:
    https://krpano.com/examples/108b8…krpano_logo.png

especially zoom to the nadir and zenith area and then press the button to switch the pano type,

best regards,
    Klaus

• The tools have evolved quite a bit since this post began. If your image fits the minimum standards, the tools already automatically convert to cubes from the download package. OR you can convert to tiles, patch your nadir and then drag the cubes to the tool of your choice.

Edited once, last by Jarredja (August 15, 2013 at 3:07 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!