Presenting... our new interface and asking for suggestions on how to optimize it.

• Hello guys, we just finished our new interface and we'd like to ask for your help to give it a go and share your thoughts. Most of all we'd like to know how smooth does it run in your respective devices (desktop or mobile?, flash or html5?), but any kind of suggestion is very welcome.

So far we have seen it work slow on some flash desktops and mobiles, some devices even shut it down like and ipod 4 or even an iphone 4s (when opening the map), but we haven't figured it out.

Our images are (5000 x 10000 px) with multiresolution enabled, also the display settings are

<display devices="flash"
    fps="60"
    details="20"
    movequality="LOW"
    stillquality="HIGH"
    flash10="on"
    movequality10="HIGH"
    stillquality10="HIGH"/>

The link is: http://www.demo.imagen360.com

Thank you for your time, hopefully you can give us a hand.

Cheers

Alberto.

• Hi!

The interface looks great and works well on desktop except it's really slow to watch around with mouse for some reason. On mobile i ran into trouble. First and biggest was that i couldn't watch around by swiping. I had to turn on gyro to look around. Second, the interface is overlapping when on vertical mode and some buttons can't be used: http://i.imgur.com/6xUBFXa.png. On some tours with arrows to move around, the arrows are gathered on left top corner http://i.imgur.com/XSsQEey.png. Otherwise good job! Image quality is good and clean :)

Regards,

• Hello! Jesse, I'm really grateful that you took the time to try it and even send me a couple of captures, you are very kind. I would like to ask you what browser did you open it (the desktop version) and if it was running Flash or HTML5?

As for the mobile version, could you please tell me what device and browser did you try it on? it looks like a windows phone but I'm not sure, we've never tried our interface on that system so that could explain so many faults. What we have seen so far on android is that sometimes buttons do get over sized but it only happens once in a while. The impossibility to swipe around is unexplicable for us, it doesn't happen neither on Ipod, ipad, iphone or samsung s4, but it certainly is a thing we need to fix.

Finally I'd like to ask you how fast was the frame rate in the mobile where you tried it? was it very slow or was it acceptable?

Again, thank you so much.

P.S. Suggestions/opinions on how to increase the frame rate are very welcome *confused*

Alberto.

• I made a tiny change on the html file, a suggestion made by Klaus on another post regarding problems with scaling items on android chrome, I added the red part of this code line:

<meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no" />

Hopefully it will help.

• Hi Alberto!

On desktop i used Chrome and mozilla and it's pretty much the same on html5 and flash. A bit faster on html5.

On mobile i use Lumia 920 with WP 8.1 and IE 11. It should work fine on it since mine work with no trouble at all. WP 8.1 is pretty much same as android now and hell, my gyro works better than 95% of android phones! Can't really figure out why the touch is not working on it. Tried on my a bit older android tablet and it's working fine there. Did you use KrPano tools to make the tours?

Regards,

• Hello Jesse, thanks for your quick answer.

I really don't know why it's not working on your mobile, this is the code for the play button:

So the control mode is set for All, perhaps there's a transparent layer that's being set enabled true, it's the only thing I can think could be happening, but it doesn't occur in any of my mobiles, I'll try to see if I can locate the problem and upload the modified version, those autoalphas seem to be a source of bugs.

As for your question, I only used the makepano(multires) droplet to make the multires tiles.

Thanks you so much.

• That problem should not be from this xml-code. So you only use the droplet to create tiles? Do you use anything else from what it creates? Like the tour.xml and html files? Support for these devices should be in the krpano script. Did you use the latest version of KrPano?

Regards,

• Hi,

On mobile i use Lumia 920 with WP 8.1 and IE 11. It should work fine on it since mine work with no trouble at all. WP 8.1 is pretty much same as android now and hell, my gyro works better than 95% of android phones!

The default krpano stagescale is currently too large on Windows Phones.
    This (and some other Windows Phone related issues) will be fixed in the next krpano release 1.18.

As workaround you could add this:

Code
    <krpano stagescale="0.5" devices="mobile+ie" />

About the gyro - right, the gyro browser support in Windows Phone is hundred times better than on Android .

Best regards,
    Klaus

• KLAUS: Thanks for your response, always the hero of the day, once in a while I've seen the buttons way too big in a Samsung Galaxy S4, it's happened very few times, but when it does is really annoying, I saw another post where you suggested trying this line to fix a similar problem so I did:

Code
    <meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no" />

I'm running it on (and also answering to Jesse) Krpano 1.17.4 so we don't know what could be happening, after a refresh everything goes back to normal. I haven't seen the problem after putting this line but it could be around still.

JESSE: As I said, we are using Krpano 1.17.4, besides the tiles we are using the <scene> element generated by the krpanotools and the html file. It's really strange that the sweeping is not working, I'll try to find the problem but without one of those phones will be a bit difficult to do so.

THANK YOU BOTH VERY MUCH, and other opinions or suggestions are still welcome!

Alberto.

• Very, very nice! Works well on my iPad mini, no problems with speed.

A slightly off topic question, if I may. Are you willing to share with us your HDR technique, please? Which software do you use, and is there much manual work needed in post processing to get such nice results?

I use Photomatix Pro, which does a good job, but I usually have to do some additional work with layers and masking in Photoshop on the view through the windows to get a result I'm happy with.

Regards

Andrew

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!