Different HUE/Saturation in HTML5 and FLASH Videoplayer

• I am using the same mp4-video as video-hotspot, but decoded output is a little bit different between FLASH and HTML5 videoplayer.
    This video is such that it must not have any visible joints with canvas.

But there is quite visible edge of video-hotspot in FLASH mode, while in HTML5 there are no visible joints (in the same web-browser).
    This effect is quite visible on smooth region like in the sky :

With FLASH it looks like more saturatued . And in HTML5 it is ok.
    I prefer to use FLASH . Why this unpleasant effect is apperead only in Flash and how to fix it ?

INFO: krpano 1.17.4 (build 2014-06-04)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von sergvcx (15. Juli 2014 um 16:07)

• Hum, almost same problem, except the color is almost allright with the flash video player and horrible with the html5 video player (krpano 1.18.1)
    Same mp4 video...

Flash display

Html5 display

How can we solve this problem ?

Thanx !

• Hi,

that depends on the several things:
    - the OS (e.g. Windows)
    - the browser and how the browser will decode the video
    - the graphic card drivers and their settings

E.g. when Firefox on Windows is using the graphics card to decode the video hardware accelerated, then the video will be decoded with the graphic card video settings and these settings can affect the colors.

If you have a Nvidia graphics cards look in the Nivdia video settings and try changing the dynamic range settings:

From krpano side there is notthing that could be done or changed here of course - that's is the behavior of the browser/system. For getting such fixed try reporting the problem directly to Mozilla.

Alternatively you can also try encoding the video with a different dynamic range, but I think there is no universal solution possible that works everywhere in all cases.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• What a pity. It nearly destroys all the efforts one makes to hide the video seam. Thought I would do this more frequently in the future, but now I'm reconsidering that again, can't promise anything to clients.

(Opposite effect in my case btw: Flash is looking perfect, html5 is visible)

Michael

• Well, yes, but as I understand Klaus, the difference is depending on browser, system, graphics card etc. What should the png gradient look like then? You can distinguish between flash and html5 so far, but how can you predict the effect on different settings and how could you apply a one-gradient-fits-all solution???

All the best,
    Michael

• I tested your approach. It seems to work, but with practical limitations:

This workaround is useful for small video areas only (in most cases these will be small anyway), since png 24 is leaving you with big file sizes. My actual video frame size was 934x1000 (not really small), the necessary png was roughly 1300x1300 px, giving me 1.5 MB in file size for the png alone. You can try to optimize a bit, since plain empty areas need less data then pixel areas obviously, but I think there is not too much you can do. Even with this png frame around the movie area, the difference would be noticeable, though avoiding sharp edges.

Thank you once again, at least this will help some times.

• You could try slicing the png into 4 strips to avoid useless data.

Hahaha... now it starts getting funny. That's like spreading plasters around the video all over :D - I think I wouldn't do that, too much effort in the end.

How do you deal with this? What do you tell clients about this issue? You seem to have used it before, but I don't believe you tried pngs on your own.

In the beginning I thought, I would promote this feature a bit more, but now I'll probably treat it more like a gimmick, very useful for some situations, but only when you are willing to accept the flaws. Nothing I would guarantee for, at least.

Yours,
    Michael

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!